Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Cant help with Sammos [apart from the fact they make the best blue label ooze in Greece :cheers :rofl

Cephallonia on the other hand is probably the most unspoilt of the Ionian islands, and is usually far more expensive to get to, but once there apart from a couple of areas the coastal villages are reasonable in size and mainly rely on tavernas [some with entertainment] if you wish to palm your child off on to someone else for the day some of the busier hotels have kids clubs, but if you want to function as a family there are many apartments and hotels which don't have the brits abroad effect, if your looking for a b&b or half board hotel fairly quite with its own sandy beach and asuzure sea I can recommend the hotel mediterranee in Lassi [not cheap though]

members reviews

Yasus
wizard
We have been to both islands more than once. Neither island has what could be described as a lager lout resort. The busiest resorts on both islands are family friendly. If you want small or less touristy the Lixouri peninsula or Assos on Kefalonia would suit or for very 'Greek' Ormos on Samos. We have found Pythagorion and Kokkari to be the most touristy on Samos and Lassi and Fiskardo on Kefalonia. For exploring the islands a car is pretty much essential. If you fancy a change of scenery its easy to take the car to Zante from Kefalonia for the day
we have been to both with our now 6 year old. I loved both and honestly would find it hard to pick between. In Samos we stayed in Pythagorion - it doesnt have a great beach but is very close to one of the best beaches on the island (about a 20 mins drive) and is a lovely town with a great harbour to sit and watch the boats, Kefalonia is beautiful - we stayed in Skala which I wasn't blown away by but the island itself is stunning with amazing beaches. Almost the best bit of Kefalonia is going over to Ithaka which was gorgeous, rugged and very greek

Samos probably has the edge for me, some beautiful traditional mountain villages, a couple of great sandy beaches including one to the west which was really quiet even in August - it has a vibe all of its own, very laid back and has a great mix of holiday makers from all over including England but we were certainly in the minority

Hope this helps
Kefalonia!!Great Destination Amazing beaches!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.