Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
kings beer...
11 Posts
Never been in UK, and didn't they go bust 2 seasons ago ? was told only the ones still on sale in Goa are old stock.
Just like Kingfisher they don't go to the expense of importing it, they brew it in UK under Indian license.
Don't think it would meet European health standards anyway :yikes
Ha ha - so true ! used to be my drink in Goa until the small Kingfisher came out, but after week 1 I have to switch to something else, just wish you could get a decent cider..
Spike, years ago we used to arrive for our 3-4 month stay and head to Menenzes (near Falcon) for a few boxes of Kings to tide us over till we could re-establish contact with proper wholesalers.

As you worked your way through an incredibly flimsy box full, each one tasted completely different!

Never worked out how they did that..................
I used to really like Kings but when it disappeared for a while I changed to Budweiser. Had a Kings last year and thought it tasted very peculiar.
Don't know if they went bust however they did have a problems for a long time with the distributors over the cash back on the bottles also the retail price and all most over night they run out of bottles as very few were going back also could not get the distributors to take what they could bottle so was only selling from the brewery

It is about again in lots of bars similar price as Kingfisher, Tuborg or Bud however tried a bottle the other day after checking it was in date but it was undrinkable, just tasted of chemicals
I'll stick with Kingfisher.. :cheers
prefer Fosters to Kingfisher but had trouble getting that last season.
I had wondered if Kingfisher made cheap loans to bars etc on the condition that they only sold Kingfisher..
Don't think your far off Del, as just about all the shacks have some sort of Kingfisher advertising in the form of table cloths, mats, sun shades etc.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.