Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
jodieh12,

MAN-AMS (KL1088): Boeing 737-800 (winglets)
AMS-KUL (KL0909): Boeing 747-400

KUL-AMS (KL4102): Boeing 747-400
AMS-MAN (KL1073): Boeing 737-400

Click on the aircraft types for seating plans. You'll find all the information on KLM's website; Dining onboard. Drinks are complimentory throughout the flight (including alcohol). The 747-400's don't have seat back IFE fitted in economy. You'll have a screen above the isle to watch.

EDIT - GowlerL7 beat me to it!

Darren
Dear Gower and Darren

Thank you so so much that is really useful.

I was asking about what meals we were going to get as we leave MAN at 4pm and then leave AMS at 8pm so presumably we won't get dinner on the AMS leg as it is only a short flight but then when we get on the KL leg it will be too late for dinner? Do you suggest we have a big meal at MAN airport?

Jo
jodieh12,

You'll get a light snack on the MAN-AMS leg, and diner soon after take off from AMS. You'll then get breakfast before landing in KUL. You might want to have something in AMS while you wait for your connecting flight as it might be too early in MAN.

Darren
We are thinking of going to Dubai next month for a few days. Flown to Dubai twice before both times with BA and the flights and service were excellent. Prices with BA are way high for the times we want, however KLM have an excellent deal from Aberdeen via Amsterdam and the fare is the lowest I have ever seen it. I have flown KLM into Europe but have never flown long haul with KLM and would be interested in any comments re food, service etc?
sugarbabe61,

Depending on your exact dates of travel, ABZ-AMS will be operated by a Boeing 737 or one of their new Embraer 190's. Your connecting flight to Dubia will be onboard one of their Boeing 777-206/ER's. Service levels are comparable to what BA offer on the same type. They have seat back IFE (details here) with 31" seat pitch in economy. Dining information is available here. KLM offer a good level of service. If the price is good, I'd book it while you can!

Darren
Darren

You are a star, thank you so much for the information. We are looking to travel Sunday 8th Feb and return Sat 14th Feb. Just priced with BA and total cost is a staggering £3159.60 compared to £589 with KLM.

Strange thing is though I found one website on Saturday where I priced the package (hotel and flight) to Dubai (BestAtDubai) and got a very good comparable price from them with the BA flights that I have just priced at the above. All other websites eg Expedia Opodo etc are all quoting KLM. The girl at BestAtDuabi travel phoned me this afternoon to confirm the total price and I said to her I had priced the flights on BA and they were very expensive, to which she said they get a special deal. Oh dear dilemma dilemma!! However I feel a little happier now after reading your links as KLM look comparable to BA.

Thanks again
sugarbabe61,

On Sun 8th Feb from Aberdeen To Amsterdam The Flights Are As Follows:
KL1440 dpt - 06:20 - Beoing 737-400
KL1442 dpt - 08:50 - Embraer 190
KL1444 dpt - 10:55 - Boeing 737-400
KL1446 dpt - 16:25 - Boeing 737-400

You Will Probably Be On The KL1444 As It Is A Connecting Flight

Gower
Gower thanks for the information. Yes you are correct it is the KL1444. I have just booked the holiday through Expedia with the KLM flights. It was working out about £200 cheaper than BA. The KLM flights were a total of £569 on Friday, yesterday they were £589 and today £609!!! Lesson learned - book the deal when you see it!!
Well just a wee update.

The flights (all 4) with KLM were excellent, all on time, in fact we landed 35 mins early in Dubai, the cabin crew were superb, the food was very enjoyable and the flights themselves, very smooth especially the landings which I normally hate. In fact landing back in Amsterdam from Dubai we didn't even realise we had hit the runway (we didn't have window seats) so I was mega pleased as I am normally in bits as we descend.

Was worried about getting to Aberdeen airport on the Sunday morning due to all the snow, the roads were treacherous, however we got there and the flight took off on time.

There were plenty of movies on the Dubai flights so the time passed really quickly.

In fact if we go back to Dubai next year KLM will now be my preferred airline. THANK YOU KLM for a very pleasurable experience.
Does anybody know how to do Advanced Passenger Information on the Manage My Booking section of the KLM website?

Found it on the Air France Website BUT there is the added complication that as I am staying with a friend I really cannot fit her (residential) address in.

Got my ESTA approval through.
Helenllama,

You only need to include your first address of where you are staying, is that not possible?

Darren
It's too long. the last part gets cut off.

I suppose the best way would be to phone and do it there? or do the paper form?
Helenllama,

Can you not leave part of the address off? For example our office address has a line that you can still find the place even if it's not included, it's not critical to the address. Phoning them may be you best option to be on the safe side as you don't want to run in to problems at the airport if you just complete the paper version.

Darren
Hi Folks,

Looking for some flight info.

Next April 16th, from Aberdeen to Amsterdam, then onto Bangkok. What type of plane is used, can someone post a link for the seating plan plaes?
Also is it two different type of planes used i assume it will be a larger plane for the Amsterdam bangkok leg. Can you please advise of the leg room, IFE, meal and drink service etc, and also do these planes have an upgradeable cabin, ie, like the star class and star class premier on FC/Thom??

Many thanks!

Katie
katielind,

We'll need more flight information to give you specific aircraft information. Have you got flight numbers? KLM are a major international airline and have lots of flights and codeshare partners. I'll assume you're on the following:

Dep ABZ 1630, Arr AMS 1905, Embraer 190, KL1446
Dep AMS 2045, Arr BKK 1230, Boeing 747-400, KL0877

Click on the aircraft types above to view the seat maps. Seat pitch on the E190 is 30" in economy, 33" in Europe Select, on the B744 it's 31" in economy, 35" in economy comfort and 60" in business. Inflight services for each cabin class are detailed on KLM's website.

Darren
Hi Darren,

yes you are correct with flight numbers. Have looked at seating plans etc, and have spoken with H & J who we are booking through. They have advised that extra leg room seats are allocated at check-in only and that you can only upgrade to economoy comfort or business class direct with the airline 90 days prior to departure. Im not sure i want to spend 11hrs in a 31" seat pitch!
Thanks again Darren
Hi again,

Have been looking through the KLM web site. Good site to use i must say, only thing i cant find out is the meal services on board all say they serve full bar etc, is this included in with the price or as an extra does anyone know??

Thanks
Katie
katielind,

As a full fare scheduled airline, everything is included in the price.

Darren
Hi Darren,

Thats a bonus!

Ive only ever flown long haul with F.C so not entirely sure what to expect!

Soon as how you are a mine of info. i have been looking into their baggage allowance, they have two different rates at the moment depending on when your ticket was bought. Can you (or anyone!) clarify how much luggage we will be able to take? We want to take diving gear so normally have a suitcase each plus a large holdall with our gear in. Will this all go on our allowance? Normally we can get away with about 20-23 kgs each and our dive bag weighs about 18kg. So in total about 70-74 kg between three bags.
I can see that the allowance is more depending on which seating you have bought but at the moment we can only buy the economy and then as i mentioned above we have to wait untill 90days prior to try to upgrade but to be honest will probably opt for trying to get extra leg room seats.
Cheers for all help!
Katie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.