Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
Vivk have you seen the members resort reports for Crete
and there are a couple of old hotel reports for this one

yasus

wizard
Kokkini hani is so much more quieter than Elounda and a lost less to do, the hotel itself is OK but to be honest I would go back to your travel agent on this one as you cant compare Rinella Beach to your original hotel.
Well we had a pleasant holiday at the rinela beach. the hotel itself was lovely, our room was in a block of about 8 or 10 rooms in the grounds and it was like walking through a little village to reach it from the main building, along little paths with lots of flowers. however, i wouldn't return to crete this late in the year again, the hotel was closing once the last coach had left on our final day and we found as the week went on that less and less facilities were available. the spa was already closed, a shame as the weather wasn't brilliant and they would have taken lots of bookings for massages etc, this of course also meant that the indoor pool was closed. the main bar and one of the pool bars did remain open until the last day, but 2 other bars and the taverna closed earlier. there was no entertainment after the saturday, not a problem for us but a shame for people with young children. there were also lots of rumours circulating about when the hotel would actually close, one family were convinced that it was closing at 12 noon and they would be left outside with their cases until their coach came late at night. eventually a notice was put up on the monday stating that the restaurant would serve all 3 meals on the final day and that the bar would remain open until 11 or 12 at night. the atmosphere improved around the hotel after the notice went up, and the hotel also arranged a farewell party on the monday night with music and dancing, most people attended and all the staff joined in too, it was a nice evening. the weather was very mixed during our week on crete, but our final day was hot and sunny and we were able to sunbath and swim, although we had to make sure someone guarded our sunbeds if we left them as otherwise the staff would've packed them away!

overall we had a great week, i wanted a week of relaxation and not having to cook or work, and i certainly got that.
Hi Vivk

Where thinking of going here this April
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.