Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi Magster ... there is nothing to suggest that on the Krakow Airport website ....click here.

You should perhaps also check the website of the airline you are travelling with, just to make sure that they are not implementing any different rules.

David :wave
Thanks David. Most appreciated.
We came back from Krakow on September 26th and found the security there much stricter than at Prestwick on our way out.
We went through the normal security areawhere we had to remove our shoes for x-ray and bags, etc were x-rayed as normal (they also searched my bag). At check-in we had been asked about liquids etc and any remaining bottles etc were removed at security.
We then had to go through another security check to get into the departure lounge. All bags were searched and all phones and cameras had to be switched on and off again. Everyone was checked with a metal detector and any drinks that had been bought between the normal security and this second security check had to be binned.
Once you have cleared second security you will then enter the small departure lounge. There is a small cafeteria here where drinks and snacks can be purchased.

I thought that it would then be OK to buy a bottle of water to take on the Easyjet plane. Having gone through all that security then surely the bottled water must be classed as safe in here.

How wrong I was!!!! I asked for a bottle of water. She immediately got the bottle and removed the top-- I told her to not to do that as I wanted to take it on the plane. She then mumbled something and poured all the water into two plastic cups. I then complained and she said-- bottles not allowed on the plane. No point in argueing although it is very annoying.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.