Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
lynwestie,

I know as much as you at the moment really. Pilots haven't been paid for the last month aparently so have gone on strike until they get paid and the situation is resolved. You can't blame them really.

Darren
No you can't really can you Darren . :)

Sounds about as much as I could find out too , but doesnt look like they will be going anywhere today . :(
Yeah... Don't feel too sorry for them, most of this strike is driven by greed. Where every other airline pilots gets paid 12 times a year (every month), KTHY pilots are on srike becuase they feel they have a need for a 13th month salary too, that's the real reason on strike... From what I hear this airline is in serious financial trouble and it amazes me how they can still fly? Any other airline would be cutting back staff, working for free (like British Airways) and trying to get as many passengers to fly with them as possible during these difficult times. KTHY has done none of these yet.
aw my goodness just booked for next june with them really worried now
Well they are still at the Izmir hilton with no idea when they are going to fly . Still cant find anything other than a flight with the same number tomorrow but I suspect that is a normal flight flight . Dont even know if the strike is still on . :que

Found a Turkish newspaper article with pctures of airport chaos but after putting it into an online translation it doesnt really tell me much of any sense.

They have used KTHY the last couple of years and have had nothing but praise for them .

lyn
I hope they get to fly soon... I too have used them in the past but unfortunately I had nothing but trouble with them, i now fly in to Larnaca. the only reason KTHY has managed to survive so long is all due to the fact that they've never really had much competition on the London - North Cyprus routes. Even with that monopoly at their advantage, they somehow seem to be millions in debt. Something is seriouly wrong with the management of this airline.
Yes no doubt a little different on the Northern cyprus route Mehmet as far as competition and choices go .

They have had an excellent deal with them for the last couple of years and as they fly into Izmir for Kusadasi where so many only go to Bodrum that has been a bonus .

At least they have been put in a hotel I suppose . But doesnt help with the lack of information once you are off airport .

lyn
Hello,

I am looking at booking for June 2010 form MCR to DLM, doing DIY for first time. Eek! Anyway, the cheapest I have found is KTHY and was wondering what they are like, has anybody used them? Their luggage allowance is 20kgs, which is good.

I will be going with my 4 year old, would it be wise to pre book seats? Surley if I didn't they wouldn't sit her with strangers!! That would be fun for them!!

Any info appreciated,
Ruth
ruth24s,

I Have Never Used KTHY (Cyprus Turkish Airlines) Airlines. However They Operate The Route Using Airbus A321's Operated By Turkish Airlines.

They Seem To Be An Ok Airline To Use
There Are Some Reviews On Airline Quality

Gower
My nephew and his family have used them the last couple of years . Both he and his wife fly out at different time as she stays in Turkey for the whole summer. Between them they have made 8 flights .
They have nothing but praise for them but my nephew had a 3 day delay on his way back a couple of weeks ago due to their pilots going on strike . He says that won't be putting him off because their price is good if you book early . :)
Hi Lyn,

From previous post the reviews are no too great, guess you get what you pay for. I am going to check the dates against the apartment and see where I go from there.

Thanks for all your help
Ruth
Can anybody help me. I am having kittens here and am very scared I have double booked flights.

Last night I tried to book flights in the KTHY site, it didn't let me carry on until the end so I presumed it had not booked. I contacted them today and advised them of this and they booked me my flights. However, I have checked my e-mails tonight and I have a confirmation from last night and one from today with 2 different reference numbers on them.... I am very scared. What do I do... No money has gone out of my account yet but I am worried incase I get charged double.

What should / can I do? Has anybody else has same / similar problem.

I hope this doesn't turn out to be the DIY from hell.

HELP I AM TERRIFIED HERE... :cry

ruth
Simply call them tomorrow, explain the circumstances and quote both of those booking ref numbers. I'm sure that they will sort it out. You can't do anything tonight so try to forget it until tomorrow when you can speak to someone at the airline.
I know you are right, I am only really worried as they said the tikets are non refundable once booked. But it is a mistake and I did explain about problems with site when I called.

:cry

My first time at DIY has not started off so well...

Roll on tomorrow and I can hopefully sort this out.

Ruth
They refunded the double booked flights today, I was worried for a while that they would not but all is well now, ta!
Ruth glad you got it all sorted, you can now stop worrying and start to count down the weeks till you go!
Thanks, not even worked out how many weeks it is until 19th June... may well scare me!!
Does anyone have any info on this? I have read a review somewhere for this year and it states extra rows have been added and the pitch is horrendous??
Booked specifically for extra leg room and now worried.............going Manchester/Dalaman in April.
It was ok in May , there was no reduction in legroom compared with previous flights .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.