Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
Lake Garda
6 Posts
Sorry
We tend to go the other way to Spain as we find Italy far too expensive (Been to Pisa and Venice in hotels recently :yikes )
Hi
we have visited Lake Garda several times, always at easter school hols - on Sun holidays - and stayed at Bella Italia.t's a big site with great pools, right on the lake. It's a 10 min walk into the town of Peschiera, there is a lakeside path that takes you. It's a great base for a holiday, you can get the ferries on the lake to Malcesine(go up the cable car, fab views!)or hire a car/take buses. Peschiera has a train station & you can take the train to Venice for the day - it's about 2 hrs. I would recommend it & would go back again, in fact probably will.The public transport is good & one of the times we stayed here we did not bother with a car and still got to loads of places.Kids will love the campsite, last time(2007) ours were 12 & 18.The restaurants are ok onsite but he one at the end of the lake path into town is better. Hope this helps!
Fab thanks for that :)
we have always been happy with our French sun holidays,so hopefully we can get one for our Lake Garda holiday too !

if not, will try and look for a good deal with one of the smaller operators on the site

Would definitely like to visit Venice :)

xx
we have booked flights :tup

and about to book a site

either Bella Italia or San Vito with http://www.selectcamp.co.uk
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.