Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
Lake Garda
70 Posts
Hi there, i am about to book flights to milan malpensa airport from Manchester. Can any one give advice on how to get from there to Lake Garda by public transport? I know there is a train station at the airport but don't think there is a direct connection to Garda. Also has anyone any info on flying BA connect?
thanks
I am travelling to the above on 15th October.

Can anyone tell me what the hotel/area is like please.

Also what will the weather be like at this time of the year so I can plan my packing!

Thanks
We stayed in Bardolino in the south of Lake Garda for a week last month. The weather was a bit disappointing to be honest - one cold day of torrential rain, another of sunshine and showers and the rest were quite warm but cloudy. We didn't go to Riva but did visit Malcesine which is lovely, although if you get the cable car up Monte Baldo then make sure you take some warm clothes - it was only 7 degrees on the top! If you are going in October then I would say that warm layers are a must.

In spite of the weather, we did have a lovely time - review to follow in the next couple of weeks.
We are thinking of going to Lake Garda in July next year and would like to book flights and hotel direct. Does anyone have any information as to which airport to fly into and cost of transfers to accommodation. Any suggestions of good middle of the road accommodation would be good. Have not been before so any information would be appreciated.
We flew inro Vernoa Valerio Catullo airport which is a few miles from Verona. Taxis are quitr expensive so it would be worth asking your chosen hotel if they could pick you up. We stayed at the Caesius - http://www.hotelcaesiusterme.com/ - review to follow in the next few weeks.
Hi - we are doing the same as you. I have used the tripadvisor site for hotel recommendations.

We have been looking at flight details, and it seems that Verona is definately the best airport. We live in the north east but have decided to travel down to Stanstead as that seems to offer the best availablility for us - I think you are in the Cambridge area which would be really handy! We are looking at Ryanair and are just waiting for the summer flights to come online.

Gill
Hi, thanks for your replys. Do you know how far Verona Airport is from the lake? Also do buses run from the airport?
Hi, last year it took us about 50 mins to get to Bardolino from Verona airport - that would be about a good hour and a half or more from the northern end

Hope this is helpful!

:wink:
Coach transfers to the northern end of the lake (Limone) took nearly 3 hours as they dropped off at lots of hotels around that end of the lake. A couple at our hotel booked a direct taxi transfer which took about an hour and a half in Sept but peak season could be longer depending on traffic.

The trip round the lake on the transfer coach was great though, a bit like a free excursion. :lol: such breathtaking scenery.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.