Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Hi Pippy,

I am not familiar with them but I noticed you'll be booking direct, so no financial protection there.

Chris
I've rented for quite a few years now in Playa Blanca , and mostly use owners direct , I have always used British owners and I pay by bank transfer , never ever had a problem , most villa rentals also have a management company who look after them , like doing pool cleaning and villa cleaning between rentals and can be contacted if there are any problems . Other villa rental sites like lanzluxuryvillas.com and lanzarotelates.com are worth viewing , I've used villaplus.com once and thought it a bit expensive but good and jamesvillas market quite a few rentals there too , again they are expensive IMO . There are plenty of choices of areas to rent in Playa Blanca , depending whether you want to be close to the main town area and type of property required . We always hire a car to get from the airport and car hire is very cheap and the roads are easy to drive around , so we stay in villas a good 5 min drive from the town centre , where we can get a 2 bed 2 bath villa with 8x4m pool ( heated !! Lol) and on a fair sized plot for around £500 a week ( mid season ) . I really do the same thing there each year and know the area specific to me , there are some very good people on TA playa Blanca forum who know more about the whole area with links and photos to help with your choice , any other info , I'll try to help !!
Thanks to you both for your replies.

I've found, on Owners Direct, a bungalow I really like, and I'm in contact now with the owner.

https://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/accommodation/p8149648

It's on the Casas del Sol development, an area I know, from previous visits to PB, I like. The bungalow itself is positioned perfectly for my liking.

I've been to PB four times, but not for many years. I think my last visit was back in about 2002! I can't imagine the seafront area has changed dramatically between Playa Flamingo and Playa Dorada as I'm assuming most of the development will have been happening further inland.

I've previously stayed at both ends of the resort; twice at the Lanzarote Princess and twice at Atlantic Gardens.

This will be my first time going DIY to Lanzarote but have booked independently to Barcelona, Menorca and Majorca a few times.
Hi Pippy , that's looks really nice , and thinking about it Casas del Sol , and Las Brisas are in the central area of Playa Blanca , I remember now going past them in the car !! I don't think things have changed a great deal , I think it's mainly been development at the ends rather than further inland . I think going DIY and self catering are the best to do in PB , so many choices of restaurants and bars and of good quality too , supermarket prices are reasonable and alcohol is quite cheap . Have a look down the marina too , some nice places there to eat and drink and a decent market on Wednesday and Saturday .
Never used that company but have been to both Casas Del Sol and Las Brisas. We prefer Las Brisas but Casas Del Sol are nice too.

Las Brisas has a bar and a freshwater pool. Casas Del Sol doesn't have a bar and has a seawater pool. Both have lifeguards. Las Brisas is busier than Casas Del Sol, in fact at Casas Del Sol you can often have the pool area to yourself. Both are in a central location, Las Brisas slightly nearer the centre of PB and the large Hiperdino but Las Casas are right across from the Port with a Spar and several bars nearby.

To be honest Casas Del Sol are too quiet for us but may suit others.

Hope this helps.
Andy, I didn't know there was a market; I shall definitely have a look-see :)
Robert, I've spent literally hours on various villa websites, then zooming in on Google Maps satellite images to see exactly where the individual villas are situated :D
As you say, it's a close thing between those two developments and it's actually the fact Casas del Sol is quieter that appeals to me coz I'm more likely to want to sit enjoying a glass of wine on the terrace with a good book, than to go out to spend much time in the bar.

Really looking forward to returning to PB.
Hi Pippy , the market is quite good , of course there is always some tat , but there are plenty of crafts too , it's at the Rubicon Marina , and they put up stalls all around the marina , so you can walk around and stop off at the cafes and tapas bars , it's very pleasant and a nice 2 or 3 hours to spend other than on the beach or around the pool . I always use the Spar that is opposite Casas Del Sol, it's easy to park there !! , it's just been extended a bit and fitted out , it has a good deli counter , fresh baked bread and cold beer , perfect for my lunchtime requirements !! I've always had a relaxing and enjoyable time there , and of course from a cultural point of view there is a lot of Manrique inspired creations everywhere , we took my sister last time to Jameos del Agua and the underground caves nearby .
Great to know the Spar is well stocked, it's also really close to apartment 3D (looks as though we could actually hop over the wall between the apartment and the road, depending how much shrubbery there is behind the wall)!

Jameos del Agua is amazing, so atmospheric. To be honest, I doubt I'll do any sight-seeing, having seen all the usual sites a few times. Just going to completely chill out and stay in PB :)
We saw all the "sights" about 15 years ago on our first trip , but thought we should show my sister more than the bars and restaurants on her 2nd visit !! It was still a great day out for us and great fun winding her up all day about the " Lanzarote secret " !! If you go towards the Atlantic Gardens direction , very near there is a great chill out bar called Marea , be about 20 to 30 min stroll for you . My sister also went to Papagayo beach and liked it there , PB is a good place to chill out , it's my favourite destination for that !!
Well, after all that, I changed my mind (yet again) about which apartment to book and finally went with this one!
Great reviews and literally a one minute walk from the beach, which the huge balcony overlooks. Also within easy walking distance of both the Playa Dorada and Playa Flamingo beaches.

https://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/accommodation/p8132785

Cannot wait, fly out in just under three weeks!

I will post a review and photos on my return, if someone would like to add the apartment to the reviews section.
Hi Pip, funnily enough I was just saying to hubby on holiday (we got back from Corralejo Fuerteventura yesterday) that I fancied Playa Blanca! I wanted to go over on the ferry for the day to the Market but he couldn't be bothered 😒

We did pop into PB many years ago when we stayed in PD Carmen, & Bawbee was living there. But I've heard it's been extended since then & does sound really nice.

Will be looking forward to hearing about your trip 👍

You can add your accommodation to the review page yourself Pippy xx
Cheers, Glynis! In terms of a trip report, there won't be much to tell as I'm fully intending to be a total beach-bum this time 8)
I'll post a detailed review/description of the apartment, though.
Hi Pippy , that looks a great apartment with great reviews too and in a very central position , just behind it is the main taxi rank and very large supermarket ( can't remember if it's a hiperdino or spar ) and there are loads of restaurants along the sea front parade and also in the road behind too , it's really easy to get around from where you are as the seafront walk is very long in both directions , there is a market at the marina on Wednesdays and Saturdays , and of course you have the choice of 2 beaches extremely close by .
I agree Andy, it looks a gorgeous apartment 👍
Andy, I was so happy to have found this one!

Having been to PB many times, I knew immediately where the apartment was located and straight away pictured my self on the balcony at sunrise (and also watching the people on the town beach when the ferry comes in, creating waves :haha ).

There's a Hiperdino immediately behind, and a Spar very close by - most people recommend the Spar.

I'll get a discount at the restaurant below (Da Vinci, which loads of people on the Playa Blanca FB page recommend) for one of the nights of the holiday.

I zoomed in on Google Maps in order to see the side and back of the apartment and could see it's really spacious, as well as having a great size balcony.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/flipflopip/35499139042/in/dateposted-public/

As you can see from my amazing photo editing skills, it's literally right over the beach.
  • Edited by Pippy 2017-07-02 11:51:46
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.