General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Laptop
10 Posts
if you want to arrive with it in one piece and working then in the Hand Baggage

wiard
Yes, hand luggage and I think most places make you put it through the scanner seperately!
Chivas is right. Definitely hand luggage and you will have to take it out of your bag and send it through the scanner. I understand that there has been the odd occasion when people have been even asked to switch it on, but this has never happened to us.
When I took my laptop to Jersey, I took it with me as hand luggage, if I remember correctly, I had to remove it from it's case and put it through the scanner. As I flew with BA, I took it onboard as well as a handbag.

I didn't have to turn my laptop on last time I flew but I had to show customs my last photo on my camera, shame it was naff, and my phone screen.
Hand luggage safer safer safer unless you want a million pieces in your case
I`ve watched the handlers unload luggage and beleive me you wouldn`t want anything fragile in your case.
All valuables should be carried in hand baggage otherwise they are not covered by insurance.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.