Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi,
I would keep your eyes open for last minute packages once you know your dates but also be aware of the flights that go out on those days too. You should research all the hotels you are interested in and work out how much it will cost (check availability too) then you can compare. Allow £60 for private airport transfers for the family and make sure packages include transfers. I have always booked independently, it is very straightforward and private transfers whisk you off straight away and you can be at your hotel in an hour.
You can't really go wrong with Olu Deniz, it's a great place for everyone.
Hi thanks for that, thats what i was thinking maybe booking the hotel direct if we can get flights, never done diy but it does seem a lot more straight forward than i first thought, looks like we will be booking about 2/3 weeks notice, very daunting when we usually book the year before. After checking companies for flights there only seems to be a few that fly from glasgow, do some companies only release flights in the summer months, if anyone could advise on airlines that fly to dalaman from glasgow that would be great
Hi StrutsHerStuff, Where do you intend flying from? Now as you really cant go forward with your actual date for your holiday I think I have the best idea for you, One independant Uk company Goldtrail regularly fly to Dalaman Airport and the resort of Olu Deniz, When you do actually find out your date of travel go to Goldtrail website and have a look where you will find the holidays and they are very very inexpensive also I may say, It's your best bet to do it this way as trying to get Flights late is incredibly expensive you would probably pay far than £250 per person for your return flights with all the Airlines, As you are sorting out your own accomadation for your holiday you wont have a problem with the hotel that goldtrail would be putting you into, So you pay for your package use the flight and perhaps the transfer also to Olu Deniz and head to your chosen accomadation, Now also when you do arrive inform the Goldtrail staff what you are doing and you will be fine, I have used goldtrail going to Turkey 7 times in the last 3 years and have not had a problem with them whatsoever I have always booked very very late and have never ever paid more than £165 for my 1 week package, Yes I do know other people who have been very dissatisfied with Goldtrail because of the hotels they use, That part wont affect you one bit, Pm me if you struggle on the goldtrail website and I will help you out.
thank you so much, thats the kind of info i need, very reassuring, we will be flying from glasgow but at a push we could drive to manchester if need be. I have looked on goldtrail and all loooks well, thanks
StrutsHerStuff Please note that the prices currently on the Goldtrail website are far more than they actually are if you do get a Late deal from Goldtrail, They also fly from Glasgow,Edinburgh,Newcastle and East midlands and Birmingham, All of these are likely to be Ok for you considering you would travel to Manchester, I do realise that some people thinking about DIY holidays think something might go wrong with them, But should you choose to do your holiday in the way I said you should not have any problems whatsoever.
Don't leave it too late.

Last year I decided at the last minute to try and join my daughter and her family for her second week. There was plenty of room at her hotel but I just couldnt get a flight. You would have thought there would have been one seat going somewhere but it wasn't to be.

Wendy
There are fewer flight seats this year due to lots of big name mergers.... Thomas Cook have taken over My Travel so the number of seats will reduce... and some properties may not be offered.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.