General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Last minute holidays aren't quite the bargain they used to be, and if you leave it very late you may have trouble getting anywhere at all over the popular xmas period. Most 'popular' times of the year (school holidays etc) are expensive whenever you book - so start looking at prices NOW - they may drop in the next few weeks, they might not, but then nearer to xmas it may be difficult to get anything anywhere.
....we've had some good bargains in the past....'cos being retired means we can be 100% flexible about when to go.Wanting a last minute booking for a particular week is a bit more risky; but if that week is one of the most popular of the year anyway, then I would think that the possible price reduction of any late deal is far outweighed by the very high risk of not getting one at all.... :gluck
:D Hi, I think it's the luck of the draw. If you are willing to "Hold on", and take the risk, you maybe lucky. A couple of friends managed to get a cheap deal last christmas, a week to Gran Canaria for £223 per person, but on the other hand you maybe unlucky, and not get a cheap deal. As mentioned in a previous post, the prices don't really come down that much in price during the main holidays (School, x-mas etc..). I know from experience!! Last August my son went on hol with his dad, so we decided to try get a cheap weeks holiday (For the same week son was away). What a nightmare! We couldn't find anything cheaper than the original selling price in the brochure's, and we were limited in choice of accomodation (In other words - It was just the "Rubbish" accomodation left, all the nice hotels were fully booked!, plus we couldn't get a flight from our local airport which is just 10 mins away). Whatever you decide to do - I hope you get a bargain. Let us know how you get on. All the best. BBB.
kianic, I would book as soon as you see a "reasonable" holiday that suits you.
It's a bit of a gamble if you haven't much leeway.
Booking less than 2 weeks before dep. also means TOD charges etc.

Best of luck,

Robby :wink:
It would be an idea to check now what's available as Christmas is very booked up. You might end up with a destination that doesn't appeal to you if you leave it too late.

Bargain + Christmas don't usually go together I'm afraid because it is such a popular time.
I have also been wondering how last minute to leave this. I have been watching holiday prices now since about October for going away about the 29th. I found a really good deal to Morocco for 2 at £330ish total and showed it my bf we were thinking about it and then an hour later it was gone!! So I would definitely recommend that as soon as a holiday comes up that you like the sound of and is a good price to snap it up. Yes you may get a better deal if you wait but you may also end up going somewhere that doesnt sound as good and paying more. The prices have been jumping about like mad lately so just keep checking them and go for it as soon as they drop down.

Hope you find a good one!

Also if anyone has any suggestions of good places to keep an eye on last minute deals I would appreciate it. I have been watching a lot of sites but they seem to vary so much in price I'm worried that I'm missing checking out an even better site. I have been looking at first choice, thomsons, going places, last minute, late deals and cheap holidays.
katft,
Have you looked at http://www.icelolly.com ? I havan't used them myself but prices seem good. Don't think you can book them online, though - you have to 'phone.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.