Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Another offer, this time from iglucruises...NCL Sun 12 nights Baltic from Dover on tuesday 11th May £569 inside!
both good, the Sun would have done us but more family issues tieing us down.

We are now waiting to hear if the Epic TA is still on in June, fire on board in the ship yard on Mon.
Another very good offer on the NCL Sun from Gills cruises. With the OBC, the price effectively becomes £549 inside:

Baltic Capitals
Norwegian Sun
23 May 2010 for 12 nights Prices
Dover - Copenhagen - Warnemunde (Berlin) - Tallinn - St. Petersburg (overnight) - Helsinki - Stockholm - Dover
$150 Per Cabin On Board Credit

Inside from
£599 pp
On smartcruiser.co.uk operated in UK by viva or similar name, there is a really good deal on Navigator of seas both for 30th May and 6th June. Both 7 nights out of Civitavecchia (Rome) one Western and the other Eastern med. Both are £275 for 7 nights inside, so a particularly good deal for B2B at £550 for 14 nights! Not sure about costs, or availability, of flights to Rome. You certainly would want to get out there at least 1 day pre-cruise!
Some fabulous offers being posted. However, as we are off to Spain for 2 weeks in June and probably won't have another holiday this year WHY do I keep looking on this site :que Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment, or maybe I'm secretly hoping that I can persuade dear hubby that towards the end of the year we deserve another break :rofl
Rosalyn
Just think how I am feeling, posting most of the deals these days, and not being able to book either!!
There are some excellent cruise only deals on the Costa Cruises uk website, then select the Offers tab (I can't post links yet)

If you can go out this Monday 24 May 2010, look at these:

Greece, Croatia
Costa Fortuna, 24 May 2010
7 nights
£199 plus Euro 49 for compulsory service charge

Norway
Costa Luminosa, 24 May 2010
11 nights
£299 plus Euro 66 for compulsory service charge

Hope this helps someone.

These have now gone, however there is still a good offer for Dubia cruise later in the year.

Would anyone be able to provide some feedback on Costa, as the reviews on Cruise Critic vary dramatically...
These were very good deals!
Now to answer your question:
We sailed on Costa Fortuna March 2009 on a Transatlantic. As an Italian line, it is firstly Italian and that did not please the Americans or the Brits on board, but did not faze us. They do everything in 3 or 4 languages, including English. The Italians are very forward and want to be first to everything, again we are not easily fazed and it is amazing what a couple of good strong elbows can do to keep your place in any queue etc. ;)

Because of the language issue the shows are not as good as the other cruiselines, but still enjoyable enough. The biggest downside for us was the food in MDR which was usually only either adequate or fine.

Summary, we did not pay much for the cruise and enjoyed it thoroughly as there were far more positives. We would not cruise Costa for the same prices as say NCL or RCL etc. but would not hesitate at the "right" (lower) price. We have cruised 13 times, believe it or not, on 9 different lines so we like to try them all and our Costa experience would not stop us from trying the other Italian line MSC. We cruise for itinery/price and do not stick to one type of experience.
Went on Costa Romantica March 2010 mainly for the itinery,after all the negative feedbacks we were pleasantly surprised.We got friendly with Germans,Swiss,Spanish ,after all a smile is the same in any language,there were around one third English speaking passengers on our cruise but I think that I would be wary of departing from an Italian port as naturally there will be a lot more Italians on board, we departed from Mauritus.We found the food good and a bonus that was not advertised was afternoon tea was served ,however some people did complain about the food.Not many announcements in all the languages apart from lifeboat drill mainly Italian and English for all other things and we did have an English rep on board who worked for Costa,I would definately travel with them again as they have some great itineries.
Royal Caribbean Hot deals for Europe.

Vision of the Seas on June 5th or 12th- 7 nights, Oslo, Copenhagen,Tallin,St Petersburg, Oslo.
Inside starts at $292. :tup

Vision of the Seas 19th June, 4nights. Oslo,Copenhagen, Tallin, Stockholm .
Inside starts at $206.

Splendour of the Seas 7 nights on 3rd July, to the Greek Islands from Venice.
Inside starts at $629.

Navigator of the SEas, 20th June or 4th July, 7 nights W Mediterranean from Rome.
Inside starts at $599.

They have many more for all other destinations, too many to list.

These prices are for new reservations only.
don't forget taxes if US bookings in $.
Cruiseclubuk.com have a 7 night Baltics offer on Costa Atlantica leaving this Saturday, 5th June. Including London return flights to/from Copenhagen an inside is £389.
Some good deals, for short notice cruises, beginning to flow e.g. iglu are offering 12 nights sailing Friday 4th June on Norwegian Sun to Baltics, return Dover port for £599 inside or £799 balcony!
Was in the Blue boar Tesco Norwich and the Thomas Cook shop had

RCI Independance fior Jan 2011 with coach from Norwich in the window

18n £899 so a good deal hits the £50pppn.

There are 2 dates(8th,26th) not sure which one it was.

Might be a local deal but if they can do it so can others
Not a cruise deal but car hire one way.

For some trips leaving a car at the port is a pain so one way car hire can be competative against other forms of transport.

There was the 2 way airport service boomerang with eurocar from £89 (only airports)
http://www2.europcar.co.uk/products/boomerang/

They are now doing reduced cost one airport hires.
http://www.europcar.co.uk (also know as National and Alamo so check all three they have different deals)
From £49 and they have a Depot at Southampton airport.

They currently have a 50% deal and that means you can drop off at the depot next to the port for around £50
(both include one way charges)

Usualy 1 day one way is around £70.

Also check dates I found it was cheaper to pick up on Mon for one day than pick up Tues for one day(travelling tues), with the second day only £15 rather than £25.

Now for longer cruises this may be cheaper than parking by having 2 one way hires.
For trips where you ly the leave your car at the airport and hire to get to the ship option works for Dover and Southampton(not for Harwich nearest car hire depot is too far.).

Also for Southampton there are some park on my drive prices as low as £15pw if you look around and need long term parking.
Last year there were some good deas on the short bltic cruise with RCI.

same this year,

V2G has 19 june at £76 4 night visions of the seas

Oslo to Stockholm

Tax and flights on top but someone might be able to put together a deal.
http://www.pageandmoy.com/europe/germany/cultural_delights_of_the_danube.aspx

Fantastic offer from Page & Moy for a 10 day European River Cruise (Danube) 9th August £499 including flights.
Sorry you missed out. Bought mine yesterday - £549 from Manchester :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.