Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
There are some fantastic deals there, Windjammer. Thank you for sharing.

Also a UK travel agent has week long round trips from Barcelona, also on NCL Jewel, in July for £599 inside, £799 balcony, including flights. This seems to me like a good price for a mid-summer cruise. And, i believe they are flexible with the flights and if you want to add extra nights, pre or post cruise.
  • Edited by craig 2007-07-02 21:33:59
The TA I booked my QM2 cruise was new to me but since I booked I have seen a lot of adverts in the Press and also on Teletext with fantastic prices such as those quoted above.
One offer is 7 nights Orlando and then 7 Nights cruise Caribbean for £599 including flights with Virgin!

I am always wary when I use a new agent as TA have been known to go out of business. I have been told that at times they are not making money on some cruises but they are meeting targets which allows them to gain higher commission from the Cruise Companies.

I have had no problem all the paper work arrived promptly and then 2 weeks ago I received my travel documents from Cunard via my TA. I did check them out for ABTA bonding and also Atol although this cruise going out of Southampton did not involve a flight with them
I have a single occupancy on the cruise which obviously involves a supplement but the lead in price for a D4 inside was £699 for the round trip to NY i.e. 12 nights!

I am always looking for cruises and at the moment all I have booked is a 11 night on Century which is a 11 night Med cruise with a single occupancy for a grade 9 inside. I paid £880 but if I had been booking the cruise was £465 or thereabouts.
I also got a $100 OBC

There are a lot of offers out there so well done Windjammer keep up the good work.

Sue
From the same US travel agent:

Costa Victoria, round trip from Rome to the Greek islands for 7 nights sailing on July the 9th, 16th or 30th for $499 - £250!

You will have to transfer from a Rome airport to Civitavechia which could take some time and cost a lot in a taxi, alternatively take a bus to Rome's main train station and the train from there to the port.

A Uk travel agent now is offering a 7 night round trip on NCL's Jewel from Barcelona on 22nd August for £299. Flights are not included but the airport is very close to the cruise terminal.
A Uk travel agent now is offering a 7 night round trip on NCL's Jewel from Barcelona on 22nd August for £299. Flights are not included but the airport is very close to the cruise terminal.

Thats probably 22July, FLights for July Aug are quite high so check against the £450-£499 package deal if looking at one of these Jewel trips.
OK here is another one.

OV 14 nights, £589, 2August 12july is at £639 still good value

These are http://www.ovuk.co.uk/ (scroll down)

or phone (from email) 01253 341014

Following the links there do not seem to be any at that price on the 2aug but there are for the 12july so if anyone tries can they report back.
QM2
I see today on the teletest that there is an offer for my cruise on QM2 on the 12th July Southampton to NY for Princess Grill at £799 and Queens Grill for £999
Another agent has balcony room plus 3 nights in NYork including transfers for £999.
I see Costa Victoria is doing the med to Brazil and it is £799 but it is something like 20+ nights can't quite remember. Date is November.
Also T/A on Navigator from S.hampton in Nov for 14 nights £699.

The teletext seems to be awash with offers so just keep your eye on it. If you can travel at short notice it is great and also if you can go from a port where there is a low cost airline then you can get a great deal.

Sue
OV 14 nights, £589, 2August
Following the links there do not seem to be any at that price

Well that one did not last long got update email, but the other is supposed to be real and live prices on the web site so still worth a look if you can travel very soon.

Nice spot on the QM trips, thanks, I got a flyer on something similar yet to digest for a post since I have to look up prices grill class.

If these are better than what you have, try for an updrade.
Hi Windjammer - AKA Pip !!

Glad I found you here, always read your invaluable info on Ship Happens and took advantage of some excellent deals.

Looks like I have found a new home. :D

Bob

PS

A few ex Ship Happens old timers are also lurking onboard the wakelovers web site. Very friendly and I am sure they would love to hear from you. I have also posted there a reference to this site.
Hi bob and welcome to HT!

I hope that you stick around and enjoy the site.

luci :wave
just got an email NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS ON THE 14TH JULY THIS SATURDAY
INSIDE ROOM 14 NIGHT MED CRUISE £549 PP

28TH AUGUST BALTIC 11 NIGHTS INSIDE PRICE £649.

Sue
That is a great deal ! Committed this month otherwise would have been tempted.

Which company emailed you this ? I get several but haven't had this one.

Bob
This offer is from Cruise Club UK telephone 0800 163 164 I think I have had another look at the email and it says just 1 inside and this is the correct telephone no.
They have been around for some years so they should be OK. I am off on the QM2 Thursday so also committed.

Sue
Thanks for the info.

Have a great cruise on the QM2 - it's on my to do list !

Bob
Windjammer - I just rec'd some 'hard to turn down' offers from Princess for Caribbean Princess Oct - Jan. The date I am interested in, Oct 21 is for $499 for inside,on Caribbean Princess to Eastern CAribbean 7 nights. Phew- it would be a shame not to take that.
Also have good prices for Crown Princess 7 night Southern Caribbean if interested.
NCL Gem transatlantic 3Dec 9 nights Barcelona to Boston price drop

Now under £200pp outside GTY.
Hi just back from my QM2 cruise Had a fabulous time. A great bargain and I will post once I have the time.

Keep up the good work with the cruise prices and price drops. Also remember that if you have booked a cruise already and the price drops you can get that price from from several cruise companies eg RCI Celebrity Princess Carnival and I am not sure about others. But you need to ask your TA or if you have booked directly with the Cruise company then call them.
Quote clause 9 which says if the price drops by more than 2% they will honour this.
Just keep looking at the cruise companies web site.

Bye for now.

Graham I will post you a private message tomorrow once I have eaten tonight and catch up with emails and post etc.

YES I did LOVE IT!!

Sue
If anyone is looking for a Caribbean cruise in 2008, especially if with a third person, then I can recommend NCL Pearl booked via cruise365.com.

We've just booked to go in November 2008 with a scheduled flight, night in a hotel and 14 night cruise in a balcony cabin and it comes to £1200 each for three people.

If only two are going it's £1349 which is still not bad for a balcony.

Another bonus was that as we booked before July 31st the deposit was only £50 a person, which we won't mind losing if something better should appear later.

dave
I have never had the confidence to book DIY entirely probably as I am travelling alone or with another female friend.
Did book cruise only for Century and at their reduced price when I booked inside was for double occupancy £465 I think the single price was £880 and I got the OBC of $100.
Flight booked with Monarch scheduled out of Manchester for £92 including tax this price was when I looked last somewhere in the region of £145.

We did Jet2 from Leeds/Bradford last year but this date is too late but I could have booked a single with them and returned with Monarch direct from Barcelona to Manchester.
Celebrity wanted to charge for a scheduled flight via either Amsterdam from L/B for £360 or via Dusseldorf from Manchester for £310.
They would have done the Monarch flight but wanted a further £61 for this making a cost of £371 and as we would fly the day before no discount for transfers etc.

I would happily book my own flights and did so when I went on QM2 but again went down the day befoe just to be sure. I am somewhat scared to book using a US TA although I do know several people who do so.

It is also worth remembering that these RCI Celebrity Princess and Carnival will reduce the price but you need to keep your own eye on the situation. Since I booked Century the price had come down and on the day after I booked it has risen 3 times so I am happy with my deal.

I have read on CC that Cunard will not do this but I have also read that they will do upgrades if pushed and they have brought the price down.
Just prior to me leaving on the QM TA were offering Princess Grill at £799 and QG at £999 including flight back from NY.
I was on the round trip but I called them just to see what their response would be. They told me I could upgrade provided the price was not less than I had paid. This is where I could probably got an upgrade. Everything is worth enquiring about and had I not pushed for I would not have got the £198 refunded from the TA who quoted me for the QM cruise. It is always good to get input from those who cruise frequently like yourself Windjammer. It is by sharing information that we can help each other to get the best deals out there and speaking personally I would always want to pass on good news to those of you out there.

Thanks Windjammer for your efforts and I do appreciate it. Keep up the good work!

Sue
Windjammer I can see I have a lot to learn. Any suggestions for this november?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.