Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Have you checked out the HT members reviews for Le Meridien, Luxor?
Le Meridan is now called The Nile Palace.
We took our own kettle.
As far as I can remember it had tea/coffee facilities - but I was so hot that cool drinks were the only option for us!

Its a good hotel, not quite the same standard as Le Meridian Pyramids in Cairo. It's in a good location, quite central

If I went back though, I'd go to the old winter palace - we had a meal there and it was fantastic - very grand. If you don't stay here, you must eat here. Get your rep to book you a table. Men must wear a shirt and tie.

One problem that I found at Le Meridian was that the waiters were a bit too egar to help ladies! I was a bit uncomfortable - I was collared outside our room by an overenthusiastic housekeeper who did the usual 'are you married' etc, after that I didn't really like walking around the hotel on my own as it took me about 10 minutes to escape - eek! :oops:

The lebanese restaurant was great either.

Having said that the views from the bedrooms over the nile are wonderful.
I checked out hotels only on thomsons and it came out as a very competitive room only price for October. We had our welcome meeting there a couple of years back, a very imposing hotel. Very central too.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.