Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
MY son who is 14 is desperate to learn more turkish. He learnt quite a bit when we were there a few weeks ago. In WHSmith there is a phrase book and CD by Harper Collins publisher's. It costs £7.99 so isn't cheap. Does anyone know if this is any good? Wouldn't want him to spend his hard earned paper money on it if its not much use. Thanks. Di. :)
I have just heard that a 10 week Turkish for beginners will be starting in the Oxford area on Thursday nights 7 till 9 on 28th September. Approx cost £50 each.

You can find details on http://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/adultlearning or drop me a message.

If you live within reach of Oxford and want to learn some Turkish for your next holiday you now know what to do.

The tutor is a very nice Turkish lady and I really hope this course gets some support.
Sorry. I should have added the course number which is OC12A135L
That Oxford course sounds great, but unfortunately id have no way of getting into Oxford for the 1st 2 classes so probably not worth me attending! What a pain! and it does state specifically for those who have already attended a short course?? Maybe next time :wink:
£50 for 10 weeks is very good, I was paying £200 for 10 weeks in Cheltenham.
UPDATE:

The class now starts tomorrow 5th October 2006. It's not too late to enrol on 0845 351 0646

10 weeks for around £50
Hi Wolvo girl, We returned from Kusadasi last friday, from where we purchased a Turkish-English/English-Turkish Dictionary for 5.50 YTL(about £2 !!) which works out a lot cheaper than the W H Smith Book. It is a pocket size book and is coloured red, the writing on the cover says REDHOUSE in capital letters. If your lad can wait until your next holiday then it will have been well worth it.
One more night and our 10 week Turkish course will be over.........the good news is that they are planning a beginners "B" course for January along with a repeat of the beginners "A" we are doing now.

Anyone in the Oxford area who wants details just drop me a line.
The B course was good. Looking forward to the C course now.
Still waiting for the C course. Not enough students.
Here is a website my wife found to-day which may help some of you - Turkish Language - Turkish Licence Plates

Les
You never gave the website adress ????
And there is, of course, the famed BYKI.com flash card course, of which much has been written elsewhere on this site
Hi Micko, If you type in your search engine Turkish Language - Turkish Licence Plates it comes out at the top of the pile. This website has on it everything you would want to know about Turkey, including cuisine.

Les
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.