Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
legends
6 Posts
it is up for sale at the moment.
i agree about the food; it was always the first port of call for breakfast when i travelled by coach.
don't know where i will go now on saturday, but probably the crown and anchor.
i'll update this when i get back.
:cheers thanks we also liked the crown and anchor.
have a great time . :sun2
well legends is definitely closed and up for sale,as gary has now bought a pub in the UK.
sugar, the bar that was where the rovers return was, is also closed and up for sale having lasted just one season.
the swan in the old town, the scottish bar, has also closed and looks like it is going to be a pizza place, or something similar.

the good news is that the other bars like eureka, robin hood, champions etc were all doing a reasonable trade last week, but that may have had something to do with there being very little entertainment going on in the hotels.
the eureka is celebrating 50 years this year, and they have some very nice commemorative polo shirts as prizes in their quizzes. i didn't have enough room in my suitcase to bring them all back :rofl

further up the street from the eureka, about 50 metres past it, there is a new tapas bar open called Pica Pica (it used to be called the international bar) which does a plate of the day for €1. one day when we went we had pasta with a clam sauce that was exceptional. you get a choice of home made tapas with every drink you buy, and the drink prices were very reasonable.the couple that run this dont speak much english but it is still well worth a visit -lots of locals are using the place. you can get a nice light lunch including bread, salad, plate of the day, home made alioli, and a couple of drinks each, plus some tapas for around €10 for 2 people. great value.
thanks for the information . maybe next time you go take an extra suitcase for all the prizes . :D sounds like you had a good time ,we cannot wait to go to the maripins again in september ,counting down the weeks . will try the bars that you have surgested.what was the weather like . it was awful last june ,hope its better in september . :cheers
cheers jim, will be giving them places a try, like the sound of that new tapas bar, hope you had a great time :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.