Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
lido de jesolo
33 Posts
Hi Spadge

I asked the same question some time ago & received loads of info. If you GOTO page 2 of the Italy topic, scroll down to one with "Brett" as the author then on down to my post "smee94", most of your questions will be answered.

smee94

:gluck
....and if you have any additional questions, im always willing to help out! :)
Hi anyone who has been to Lido de Jesolo. We are thinking of going (with cantabrica) to Malibu Beach campsite. Only thing putting us off is the look of the beaches, they all seem to be covered in umbrellas and we wonder if you can get a place on the beach where there is not hordes of other people!! Also, the resort is being called 'blackpool with sun' is this true?

Anyone help? :D
Most Italian beaches are run in a different manner to other places! They get 'bought' by hotels, which charge you for the privilege of using them - and throw in the cost of sunloungers and parasols, and hopefully a changing room, shower, loo and paying bar for your comfort. You may have to pay a reduced fee if you are a guest at that particular hotel - or if really lucky, nothing at all. This is all very normal, and everyone sticks to their own area.

However, there are public access points to the beach - rather like a narrow passage. From the water's edge to at least 3 m inland the beach is deemed to be public, so you can go and put down your towels, and go for a swim, but it may seem rather spartan in comparison with the 'beach clubs' ..... and you can often pay for daily membership so don't feel left out if you aren't at the swankiest hotel in town.

Just their way - different from ours!
First question is
Has anyone taken their caravan down here ??

second question
What is the place like for caravanning ??

SWMBO has decreed that we will be visiting here in August using our Camping Cheques and we have identified a possible site as Ca'Savio

last question
what is the availabiltiy of cycle tracks and getting around Venice?
hi
does anyone know the Hotel Plaza Esplanade as we are going next week
also what is the typical price of a meal and a beer or a bottle of wine

thanks

ruth
HI
ANYBODY KNOW OF LIVE MUSIC IN JESOLO IN JUNE
THANKS

** Please do not post in CAPS as per the rules of posting. Any future posts made in capitals will be deleted. - Kath HT Admin**
Back to top for a recent poster
just found the info from last october
is it really that expensive!! (750 EUROS BAR BILL)
I find Spain more expensive than italy to be honest, i never ever found Jesolo expensive!
Can anyone recommend any eating places for family of 4 with teenagers
please
Hi Cider Monster!
I'm considering Lido Di Jesolo in July (first 2 weeks) on a Cosmos Leisurely Tuscany tour which takes in Florence, Pisa and surrounding areas for the first week, then Lido Di Jesolo for the second week.
How hot is it in these weeks and is there a big mosquito problem at that time as I've heard someone mention? The Hotel in Lido Di Jesolo is the American hotel - quite a bit out from 'the action' but may be quieter at night?
As the first week only gives a morning tour of Venice, thought I could take a couple more trips during the second week from Jesolo and also go on the trips to Verona and Lake Garda that second week.
Grateful for any help/info you can give.
Sorry for the delay, just read this post! :oops:

Actually, you aint too far from the action, that is quite a good location. You are quite near to the public area of beach, along by the lighthouse (Faro) and behind you have the main shopping street that will be closed to traffic when you go. Plenty of good Piazza's and pedestrianised areas within easy reach.

If you are only going to get a morning tour to Venice, then you will probably cover all the 'touristy' things when you are there in the morning, therefore if you fancy going back, pick up one of the all day venice tickets, and get a No.5 Bus to Punta Sabbioni ... but don't queue in the Venice queue, instead jump on a Burano boat - hop over to Burano (lace making island, the one with the coloured houses - and the nicest island to me!) , then continue hopping to Torcello (with the monastery), and then onto Murano (glass blowing island) Once you have seen all the isles, hop on a boat to Venice (No.42 i think but dont quote me!) - and then get off as soon as you get their - at the furthest point from the main piazza (St Marks Square) - then enjoy finding your way there through the streets! :) Trust me, it's the best way to do it! Also, stay in Venice until dusk, as it is really nice strolling around the streets, and listening to the bands playing in St Marks Square. I think the last boat back to Punta Sabbioni is around 10pm. I have some pics of the venetian isles on my website, Burano, Murano, and Torcello if that will help swing your decision! :lol:

I'd also recommend the Verona and Lake Garda (Sirmione) tour, both are beautiful areas!
Hi, four of us are off to lido di jesolo in june and are staying at the helios hotel on the west end of the resort. Cannot find any reviews about the hotel but it looks nice.
I know we are a few miles from the centre, so, does anybody know if we can get a taxi at night into the centre or is most of the resort pedestrianised and we will have to walk 4 or 5 miles for a good night out???? Any info on our hotel would be appreciated as well!!!!
Don't know anything about the hotel, but that is quite a nice area, right at the west end of the pedestrianised shopping area, not far from a campsite (Camping International, i think!) The street where your hotel is - Via Padova - forms part of the pedestrianised area, which is usually closed to traffic from late May, and stretches right along the resort a good 5 or 6km (or maybe more!) In fact, the western half of Jesolo is the best area for nightlife, restaurants, etc ... the 6km or so from where you are right up to Piazza Marconi (just down from the bus station) is the area that is closed off to traffic, and is good for a nice stroll at night!

If you don't fancy walking along and back, go to a local Tabac shop, buy some bus tickets, nip up to the next again street back from the pedestrianised one, and jump on a bus - either a 2 or 3 (can't remember - one does the west half, one does the east) and take the bus to Piazza Drago (bus station) ... walk down to Piazza Marconi, and then turn right and walk all the way back along to your hotel taking in the nightlife :)
I've walked the entire length of Jesolo from the Lighthouse all the way to the campsite at the other end .... it's some length of a resort!!! :lol: Hope that helps, if you need any more info, let me know!
Thank you!!!!! Great we can use the buses, which we will be using!!!!

What time do the buses run until? Would we be able to get a taxi after hours from the same street as the bus?

Have you any idea of prices in the resort, what would we pay for snack/lunch or dinner, how much for drinks (pint of beer or spirit and mixer), cost of cigarettes???? Some say Italy is expensive, others say its average, not sure what to think!!
Never used a taxi to be honest, so can't really help there. I recall the buses running to just before midnight (used to see them passing the hotel bar! :lol: ) but if you go to this site ATVO and click on Jesolo on the map, you will get a PDF timetable of the bus services - it is currently only showing the timetable till March, so you will need to check up nearer the time, and the buses running along the resort are the number 2 and 3 (near the bottom) - the number 3 is the one that should pass near your hotel. Dunno if you plan to go to Venice, but if you are, do it on your own, and get the No.5 bus to Punta Sabbioni.

Another good site is this one: Jesolo online - There is a brilliant PDF map on there that you can print off, really helps you find your way around Jesolo!

Prices? Well, i never found italy that expensive, and to be honest, i found it a lot cheaper than a good few spanish and french resorts i had been too. However, the first year i was there it was still the Lira, and the pound was really strong, so the exchange rate was good. The next couple of years, the euro pushed things up a bit, but it was still ok. In our hotel we could get a hand-poured (good measure!!) spirit with mixer for around £1.60, which was blooming good value for a hotel bar we thought - plus a couple of hand poured drambuie's had me crawling up the stairs!! :lol: Can't help you with the rest though, as i dont drink beer, don't smoke, and we usually just ate our meals in the hotel, the meals were good enough there! :)
If you need any more info about the resort im happy to help
hello there,
During April me and my rugby team are going on a tour to lido di jesolo :D , just wundering about the nightlife of jesolo and prices of alcohol.

any rough ideas?

Phil :D
See my post above, Phil, but that was 3 years ago!

I never really found Italy that expensive for drink to be honest
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.