Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Lindos
12 Posts
Lindos is a lovely resort, i'm one of the many that hasn't managed to keep away since my first visit (more years ago than i care to remember!).

You're basically looking at two areas for accommodation, Lindos village and Krana Hill. Building in the village is restricted so you're likely to get basic studios in converted houses, the newer apt complexes are up above Lindos itself. If you want somewhere fairly modern with a swimming pool, bar, etc then look at properties on Krana Hill (Lindos Gardens, Lindos View, Krana, Romanza, Eleni, Lambis all decent).

Package holiday accommodation in the village tends to be pretty similar wherever you pick - very basic and often a bit dated but i'm prepared to put up with that for the location (and i spend v little time in the room anyway). It's difficult to recommend anywhere specific because as soon as you find one you like the tour ops drop it the next year but i prefer the Pallas Beach and Main Beach side of the village to St Pauls Bay.
Thanks Marcuschap.
Lindos does sound very nice. I'm going to do some research and pricing on those apartments you mentioned.
I stayed at the Eleni two years ago with Argo holidays and it was great, very small, friendly and immaculate. I believe it is now with Thomsons and can highly recommend it. I've only been to Greece four times and Lindos is by far my favourite.

Robby :wink:
we stayed at Krana and I loved the fact it had a swimming pool with stunning views of the acropolis from it. It is a short walk down a steep hill to get into Lindos but we would definitely stay there again.
We got a last minute bargain last July for the Amphitheatre apartments, which as they say on the tin, are right next to the amphitheatre! They were basic but clean and that was because they were cleaned by the same cleaners we had had the year before when we stayed at the Soultana House. Wonderful women.

The studios sleep 2 to 3 and have a little terrace at the front which is enclosed by a walled garden, which is pretty. The two bedrooms apartments are actually little houses with very steep stairs up to the bedrooms. Ask for the one that sleeps five (the one we had) that has the most fabulous roof terrace overlooking the amphitheatre and with a wonderful view of the acropolis too. The other 'house' does not have a balcony or terrace.

It's only a few minutes walk to bars and tavernas but the area itself is pretty quiet. Five minutes walk to St Paul's Bay and 15 to the main beach.

They can be booked through Med Life which is the cheap arm of Argo holidays.
Thanks again.
We'd like the accommodation to have a decent size pool and terrace. Can anyone recommend a property. We have fancied one or two but the pools are stated as being small.
We tend to spend a lot of the day in and around the pool and as we'll be going in August the accommodation will most likely be at capacity. It's nice to find room on the terrace. The only other requirement we have really is that the appartments are kept clean- we'll only be in them to sleep. Cheers!
Hi, just seen your other post so i'll reply to both questions.

Lindos Gardens has got a decent sized main pool and a smaller infinity pool by the new block, they have plenty of sunloungers too. I've also heard the new pool at Lindos View is a decent size but not seen it myself.

Nightlife in Lindos is as chilled or as lively as you want. There's loads of great restaurants to choose from and most have rooftop terraces for taking in the views. You can choose from quieter bars to relax in or lively music bars and there's even a few clubs but the ones in the village are soundproofed so no problems with noise. If you want any specific recommendations let me know.
Shirley, the Lindos View will be right "up your street" and it's in a good position for dropping into Lindos or St Pauls bay.
There are great restaurants in Lindos, you will be spoilt for choice. One of my favourites is Marias in the centre, great food and service and very popular.

Robby :wink:
You will find the above two accommodations, together with a number of other properties in Rhodes, in our review section HERE

Kath HT Admin
Hi Marcus,
Quite like the sound of the Lindos Gardens. Do you remember if air conditioning was included in the price and if not how much extra was it per week.
Thanks
I think all of the package accommodation charge for air con, i guess it's their way of getting some money back (tour ops pay v little for the rooms). We didn't need it in September but i remember a poster at reception and it was around 8 or 9 euros a day.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.