Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
It will happen.

It's just not certain exactly when it will happen.

Initial plans were for 1st October, then later reports said 1st December.

As the article says:
“The e-visa scheme is expected to be rolled out shortly. We are trying to make it operational by October,”

Personally, I'm hoping that it will be delayed until December as I'm going in November and
1. I wouldn't want to be at the front of a newly-introduced system
2. if I can get a 6 month visa through the old process, it will also cover me for our usual (but not yet booked) revisit in February
I agree, I think I'd rather stick with what I (now) know. Will apply at the beginning of October for our December trip.
from that article I guess that those requiring longer than 30 days will still need to do as before.
Just come across this can only hope

If you look through the article link you will see that this is just the February 2014 posting which several folk have reported on. There seems to be no real hard recent info about the actual timing of the on arrival visa launch.
I'm going to keep going to Sri Lanka or Thailand till India gets its act together. I went to India 8 years running but I now completely refuse to pay their silly charges and be mucked about by their crazy systems any more.
I now completely refuse to pay their silly charges and be mucked about by their crazy systems any more.

Looks like plenty of people are thinking along the same lines.As much as I love Goa and the people I have met over the past 10 years or so. I think this may be my last visit for a while. What with the visas, Qatar flight changes because of the run way closers and the Indian government seeming not to want the Brits to come at all.Is it worth the hassle and the ever increasing amount of Rupees to go somewhere you are being made less welcome :rage
In case anyone saw this and got all excited................

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/City/Goa/Visa-on-arrival-to-start-at-Dabolim-from-next-month/articleshow/41971747.cms

Read it again

It tells us absolutely nothing new.............. a total non-story.

Times of India, you should know better. :que
if its voa for december then great i will get it,if not ,then ill get the 6 month one ,and maybe able to get to use it twice :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.