Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
lira or euro
5 Posts
when we went to marmaris a few years back we took Lira, but buying gifts, jewellrey etc i got a better deal paying in GBP (not scottish notes)
shamus,

Where abouts in Turkey are you going? The answer really depends on the resort although personally, I would take neither and take pounds (I will be in September) as you'll more often than not get a better exchange rate over there than you will here. Just take a few lira for when you get there and change the rest as and when needed during your stay. Pounds are commonly accepted in markets and jewellers etc, it's only really in restaurants and bars you'll need local currently. I'd stay clear of the euro personally. You might find the currency topic useful where your question has been discussed many times.

Darren
Thanks Darren , we are going to kusadasi in may staying all inclusive so just want spending money for eating out the odd times, and gifts, we have been turkey several times, think we took euros and lira. Someone told me that the lira was quite strong at the minute so would probably get more for my money . Thanks again.
Best thing to do is take a small amount in lira and then exchange sterling for lira when you arrive as you will get a better rate over there. Don't bother with euros, you will always lose out.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.