Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
little gripe...
9 Posts
well said Tina. I've had a little gripe myself in the past on another thread about ill feeling towards us Welsh. It would be a dull old world if we were all English.
here here.i actually prefer a good mix of nationals ,its more of a foriegn holiday then :lol:
it doesnt matter to me where people are from

i have met some great people from all over europe whilst on holiday
Yeah Shirley....A hotel full of English!!! Now that would be terrible!! :wink: :lol:
Hi all.

I know this strays slightly of the subject, but when we first started going to Bulgaria in 1989, we used to go to the Continental hotel (which at the time was great) however there was a small Bulgarian who stayed in the hotel his name if I remember correctly was Nicolas. He was the man who played Robinson Crusoe on the island trip ,he used to come into the hotel at night and leave his bicycle under the stairs in the reception area one night when we were having our usual get together in reception there would probably be about a dozen or so of us every night a mix of scots/swedes/russians/germans/english/french. and we all got a bit of a shock when we found out that the little Bulgarian could quite happily hold a conversation with us all switching from one language to another without seeming to think about it ,many agreat night we had with, as we put it a league of nations (the one good thing at the time was watching the Germans trying to work out what language the Welsh were speaking) hope this has lightened the subject slightly just goes to show we are all the same. :wink: 8)
nice one mondeo... that sounds like it was great craic... sure isn't that what its all about??... Tina :D
Just a post of support for Tina with whom we most heartily agree. We have met and got on with all nationalities in Bulgaria.

Trying to work out what language we were hearing, it was a little like German but not, we asked two guys in a bar what language they were speaking.
"Dutch" said one, "Double Dutch" said the other, "There are two of us!!"

Why the xenophobic idiots who can't stand 'foreigners' ever go abroad, beats me.

Peter
hi peter... thanks for that... isn't that the whole point of a FOREIGN holiday? you meet FOREIGNERS :!: read your hotel(s) reviews, you enjoyed your stay then? good to have you back... Tina
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.