Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
lloret de mar
3 Posts
Firstly, please don't apologise for your English. It's far better than that of many people who post on this forum :)
Lloret is fine for small children, especially in June, when it is really not very busy. I'm not sure I'd reccomend it in July and August, unless you're about 20 years old and love partying!

I've not stayed at the Festa Brava, but I understand it is recently refurbished, and negative comments from previous guests are probably no longer relevant.

It's in a fairly busy part of town, though, very close to the main shopping area and the bus station. But that should not be a problem at this time of year.

The weather should be good: 22-26C, with sun most days, and only the occasional shower or windy day.

The main beach in Lloret will not be crowded in June. It is not fine sand, though, but quite coarse. Not good for building sandcastles. And the beach shelves steeply into the water, so watch out. The beach in nearby Fenals is good, and a bit quieter. Why not take one of the regular boats up the coast to Tossa? The beach there is better, with some rockpools and shallow areas at either end. And it's a very pretty town.

There are other, smaller and less busy beaches along the coast. Some are accessible by boat, and some by car.

Hope you have fun - I'm sure you will.

- Tony -
have a look here:
http://www.lloretguia.com/index_e.php
and here;
http://www.lloretguide.com/
for some info on weather/webcams/general info.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.