General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
thanks for that :) il have to have a look in tesco tomorrow for it, my youngest daughter has sensitive skin & she burns very easily! and i agree its quite good for quarter the price of E45.

CourtneeLouise x
I tan really easily and never burn...but that's because I am really careful with putting on creams and sitting in the shade.

We are off to Turkey at the end of June and know it will be really hot. OH and I talking about it yesterday and I said how I prefer to sit in the shade as hate getting burnt (think the only time was when I was 11 years old....so 20 years ago!).

To me, it is horrid to be in pain and hot and bothered all evenig because you over did the unbathing. Would rather tan nice and slowly and enjoy my holiday. Besides, if you tan slowly it lasts a lot longer than burning self to a crisp.
I tan really easily and never burn...but that's because I am really careful with putting on creams and sitting in the shade.

We are off to Turkey at the end of June and know it will be really hot. OH and I talking about it yesterday and I said how I prefer to sit in the shade as hate getting burnt (think the only time was when I was 11 years old....so 20 years ago!).

To me, it is horrid to be in pain and hot and bothered all evenig because you over did the unbathing. Would rather tan nice and slowly and enjoy my holiday. Besides, if you tan slowly it lasts a lot longer than burning self to a crisp.

:tup fab post
even I,very fair and wearer of factor 30 on bod, 50 on face have managed to change colour ( am now beige as opposed to see through ;) ) during the sunny weather of late

imagine how little children who have been allowed to burn, feel at night all sore and in pain

because their *?/%£* parents didnt put suncream on ,hate seeing children in skimpy outfits all reddened :( no sunhats or parasols on prams etc :(
I was horrified one day last summer when we were out. It was our local gala day and was the 4th or 5th hot sunny day we had had that week. A family passed us with 3 little girls, all in vest tops with shoe lace straps and all with red raw peeling shoulders. This was 11am so the sunburn hadn't just occurred that day and yet the parents were continuing to dress them in clothes that exposed the burnt skin to yet more sun. I don't even buy vest tops for myself or my girls as I got my shoulders very painfully burnt as a teenager and I'm not willing to risk that happening again to any of us.
  • Edited by elaine80 2008-05-18 09:33:53
That's dreadful! Even if the parents are too ignorant to put lotion on themselves they should at least make sure their children are protected. Getting burnt skin at such a young age is how so many people end up with skin cancer in later life. You would really think by this day and age people would be a bit more savvy when it comes to sun protection. :que
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.