General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Yes! exactly the same with some of the mums here when i got my daughter from pre school - there were quite a few very red arms & shoulders. Which the mums were showing off to their friends! :que

I did go out in the sun for a little while, but to do gardening and I still put sun cream on!
It's gorgeous isn't it.

I went out in the garden reading magazines for a couple of hours on Tuesday. Didn't realise how hot it was and now I have the sunburnt 'tshirt effect'. :duh :duh

It doesn't seem to be fading either :(
I can't see the sun in my office! :cry

never mind I'll be :sun2 at the weekend in my garden
I have a little natural light but my window actually is a window that goes on the stairwell, rather than outside. So it's lights on all year round for me. :cry
i overheard one of the mums at little girls school saying how she rubbed a little olive oil on to herself i know its nice to get a tan but thats plain silly
I've been in my garden the last two afternoons, been sensible and put on some suncream leftover from Easter in Tenerife. Had planned on doing some gardening but it was a bit too hot for digging, so just sat with some magazines and a tourist guide book about Crete to get me in the mood for our August holiday. Was tempted to go into the deep dark depths of the shed and get the proper sunloungers out (never used them last year because it never stopped raining) but didn't want to frighten the sunshine away by waving summer garden furniture around :roll: :lol:
Been suffering terribly with hayfever the last few days, took my Clarityn, my Beconase spray and eye drops but the pollen count must be very high because I've felt itchy and sniffly all day, but I'm certainly not going to stay indoors with the windows closed!
Got a touch of pinkness on my arms now, just had a bath and put some nice aftersun on, but I'll bet I'm white again in the morning!
well it all seems a little "competition" in my daughters school as it is, and i overheard someone say this sun is lovely today ive been in the garden all day trying to catch a tan so i can wear theese short shorts and a vest up here now, show it off while we can! :duh :que .. & i just tend to think, your coming to pick your children up from school not some sort of fashion show?

CourtneeLouise x
Hi
I have noticed the a number of very pink people around Manchester ( No ..it doesnt rain all the time!! :really ) I always wonder why people are so silly to get burnt, when we are always being told of the consequences of the harmful rays. Like other posts have said, for some reason they think pink is attractive. :rofl
M
Well said I really can't believe how naive some people are when it comes to being safe in the sun, using baby oil is just so stupid, god knows what they use on their children :yikes
There was a seriously burnt couple in Wilko's the other day looking at Suncream (Im sensable, picked up a factor 30!!) they were looking for one as low as possible and oil based. They had 2 infants, both burnt :yikes

Do people really think risking skin cancer is cool :que
So some people are rubbing themselves in olive oil and then spending hours under a medium heat....

..... am I missing something or is that how BBQs work????? Maybe they marinade themselves in foil for a few hour first, possibly throw in a few cloves of garlic and a bayleaf under each arm!!!
:rofl
steve that is what i was thinking! are they some sort of BBQ?!!!

CourtneeLouise x
hi all. a family member of mine recently went to have a "suspicious mole"checked over at the hospital. while there she had all her other moles/beauty spots checked. everything is perfectly fine for her. whilst there she had a chat with the consultant about skin cancer. she was told that people dont just very quickly develop skin cancer quickly. she also said that you generally start to show signs of it up to fourty years after having a bad exposure(resulting in bad sunburn). very worrying!! so...for all those who think its great to sit out with oil on their skin to get a days "burn tan" please re think...its not a sensible thing to do..you wouldnt put it on your childrens skin would you...so protect yourself !!....i cant believe that people are still so ignorant of the effects of the sun in this day and age.well...thats me done...off my soap box now.....i am a nice person..honest...but felt the need to put my opinion up....i totally agree with other posters about how ridiculous it is to burn your own skin!!!!im looking after mine...its the only skin im gonna get...so heres to happy safe tanning!!!! :) happy hols :cheers
Oh it's shocking, picked my son up from school and they are all there, comparing strap marks, honestly!
Bet there'll be loads on holiday too, getting off the plane with lovely strap marks showing all white and think there bodies are prepared for the sun. It's not a pretty sight.
cazmickntom, yeah...i agree . its as if it is something to be so proud of...i just dont get it. when i was 20 i went to tenerife with my sister. i put on factor 20 thinking i would be protected but completely misjudged how hot the sun was. i burnt quite badly and...believe me it wasnt anything to brag about...very painfull and had to stay in for rest of holiday..(couldnt even wear underwear!!!).so needless to say ...now i am so much more aware of what the sun can do and always wear a high factor...it just isnt worth it.... :wave:
:yikes :yikes
Comparing Strap Marks !! :duh :yikes
now isnt that going just a little to far?...
its terrible how theese people can think its a good thing putting oil on & burning! when i go on holiday i always have to make my daughter put suncream on , she says " its alright mum, i dont need it i want a tan" then i have to go through explaining to her that you put suncream on and catch a tan but dont burn. she wont have it what so ever! ...

CourtneeLouise x
My 4 year old demands that she has cream on before she goes out. On Wednesday her childminder was picking her up from nursery so she had suncream and a hat in her bag because it was so hot and sunny. The teachers said to the children that they were going to play outside that morning so my daughter went away and got the suncream out of her bag and presented it to one of the teachers who then put some on some of the other children too (she apologised to me for using the cream on the others when she saw me on Thursday but I've told her to feel free to use it as I'd rather buy another bottle rather than have someone else's child burnt). Today I went out for a paper after lunch before we got stuck into the garden and came back to the house smelling of suncream. The 4 year old had struck again and demanded her daddy put cream on her before she went outside.
my 9 year old gets creamed up top to bottom, all theses mums who stand in the playground conparing strips are sad, i tan very well same as my dad an son but the other year i went out with no cream for about 2 hour and got burnt very bad
my younger daughter ( 8 ) dont mind having suncream on atall! the only thing she dosent like about it is when she goes underwater it goes in her eyes because its coming off her face, ( where did the situation "goggles" go? ) :rofl she trys getting up 5 steps in water, and walking along tiles to her towel on the sunbed on tiles :shock: with her eyes closed going " mum mum quick i need my towel its stinging! " :rofl
while im on the subject of suncream has anyone tryed E45? normally sold in Marks&Spencers, about 11.45?

CourtneeLouise.x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.