Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
Did you check your Firefox privacy settings, Helen ?

David :wave
The accept cookies box is ticked David - is this right?
I think the options displayed at Tools > Options > Privacy are to keep cookies until they expire, or keep cookies until you close your browser. If your setting is to keep them only until you close your browser, then I am guessing HTs won't recognise you when you next visit. If you then click on Settings from that page, there is an additional option there to tick or untick regarding deletion of cookies when you close Firefox.

As I mentioned earlier, there is also an option to tell CCleaner what cookies you want to ignore during scans, which might be those for sites that you prefer to remain logged into.

David :wave
Although I have requested to be logged in automatically I frequently find I have to log in again and then, to add insult to injury, it doesn't recognise me. Having tried a few times I am then told to enter a code which often still doesn't work. This happened again yesterday and I gave up, though I did send an e-mail to admin. I've had no response to my e-mail but, when I tried to log in just now, with my normal username and password, I got straight back in, which has also happened on previous occasions. Incidentally I haven't deleted any cookies, as though I know I am being stalked they are wasting their time because I already have resistance to adverts hard-wired into my brain.
Ill check with the software but im sure clicking that box doesnt log you in indefitnately.

Im unsure what you mean by you have to enter a code to login as all is required is your username and password.

Where did you send the email? Glynis has checked the old one and the new one is being checked daily and we havent received it.

Not sure what the reference is to being stalked on adverts but ads on the forum are only shown to guests.

Cheers, Phil
I don't mind being locked out occasionally as I don't post on the site nearly as often as I did in the past, though I check in fairly regularly, particularly the Tunisian forum, to see if there are any queries I can help with. It is the fact that my password (which I've had for years) is often not recognised then a couple of days later it is accepted.

I am told to enter a code when the site has failed to recognise my password after several attempts.

My mistake, the e-mail was sent on Saturday at 19.12, not yesterday, and I didn't bother to try again until today,

I am not implying that the adverts on HT are specifically stalking me, but the use of cookies 'to give users a better experience' as they always say, inevitably leads to numerous adverts relating to things one has looked at. As I said, I have no problem with that as I simply ignore them.
  • Edited by Aslemma 2012-08-20 17:07:03
Nothing received at holidaytruthadmin@gmail.com which is our old email address Aslemma.
Hi Glynis, The e-mail I used was 'help@holidaytruths.co.uk' and it didn't come back to me as 'undelivered'.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.