Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
Logging in.
60 Posts
We are though, always glad of any assistance in gaining permission. :D
I humbly apologise re the google thing :oops:
Could yuou post their reply please I am sure it will be of interest to many on here who use Google Earth.

nick :smokin
Wow Nick. It sounds like you don't trust what HT are saying by asking them to post to prove it, rather than having faith in them as Glynis mentions. :shock:
having to do this for security reasons is fine except for the people who are having trouble logging in.

I'm OK with it, .....but please make the un-logged-in board design look HORRIBLE, that will remind me to log in before I wonder where all the new post markers have gone!!!! :wink:
Acorncup wrote:
but please make the un-logged-in board design look HORRIBLE, that will remind me to log in before I wonder where all the new post markers have gone!!!!

I see problem with that is an unlogged board would look horrible and that would probably put off new members.

A personal (i.e. for each individual member) alternative could be to make the log in page your Favourite link. That way everytime you click the HT Favourite you are taken straight to the log in page and can't forget. :D
Wow Nick. It sounds like you don't trust what HT are saying by asking them to post to prove it, rather than having faith in them as Glynis mentions.

No :? only interested in the reply. From what I read there isnt a problem
http://earth.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=21422

I am assumming that someone from HT HAS clarified the situation with Google and presumably been turned down or they may be asked to pay some exhorbitant fee :shock:

Im getting confused now, I just went to log in and the *keep me logged in* box is back?

I don't mind either as I am sure it's all done for a very good reason, but can we please just have one or the other :lol:
nickmacuk You say
From what I read there isnt a problem
I also read this as I was one of the mods who investigated the possibilty of publishing the Google Earth pictures on the site. If you read the part in bold type you cannot provide them as part of a service and when asked if HT would be considered a service the reply was yes. This is the reason that any pictures from Google Earth are not allowed.

From the web site
However, you cannot sell these to others, provide them as part of a service, or use them in a commercial product such as a book or TV show without first getting a rights clearance from Google.

I hope that this will satisfy your question on the problem with Goole Earth pictures.
Is this thread seriously :offtop or are the mods allowed this privilege???
I thought it was regarding 'login on' on ever visit to which, I must say, I am opposed
What started off about "logging in" has gone into "Google Earth" and now back to loggin in :wink:

We have amended some of the code to hopefully stop the log-in problems some of our members were experiencing.

Mark :D
Actually Fallen we are addressing a members question if thats ok.
Agree logging in is a pain.
Re the google thing I did raise this issue some time ago. The way I read things google dont object to sites such as this using their images. I dont supose anybody from HT has ever contacted them to clarify the point.
Ah well paranoia rules OK
I do not mind at all Sarah but this is how other threads go off and back on topic. What is the difference?? 'What's good for the goose' springs to mind. Surely the mods should set the standards?
The name is FALLAN by the way not fallen
Thanks for the reply allmen. Excellent SERVICE :)

PS I have noticed the log me auto option button has reappeared on the Remembrance page :?
pps sorry for being part resposible for the off topic thingy :oops:
I do not mind at all Sarah but this is how other threads go off and back on topic. What is the difference?? 'What's good for the goose' springs to mind. Surely the mods should set the standards?
The name is FALLAN by the way not fallen

As explained, a questions was asked and it was answered to the satisfaction of the person asking it.

Us Mods do try to set a standard but we are all human after all - and that includes making the occasional spelling mistake or typo :wink:

Mark :D
I have not noticed anything different. I am permanently logged in on mine.

I'm the same. There is the odd occasion when I have to enter my User Name and Password manually, but on most occasions....I'd say about 85% of the time, I just click on the Hoilidaytruths link in my Bookmarks and I'm logged in automatically as I used to be before the Auto Log In facility was removed.
Aaaaah, all is revealed.........

Came back from holiday 4 weeks ago to one dead pc, just got my new one up and running today and was tearing my hair out with all the bother I seemed to be having everytime I tried to access my favourite site!

Having lost 4 years email addresses, favourites, files etc., to be honest it is a pain at this moment trying to remember which password belongs where. In fact it is an actual nightmare!!!, but then that aint the fault of the site.

I do feel it is a bit over the top, but bow to the administrators knowledge and decisions.

(is the fact that the emoticons don't have any words to say what they are, part of this, or is it me???)

Cheers,
Jinty
Normally over the last few days I have had to log in if the pc has been switched off but this morning I switched on and went straight to the HT site - no logging on required - just like before!

Pippa
Gosh Ive missed all this, I normally "look" at the site without logging in, and if there is anything I want to answer or post about I go ahead and log in then.

Ive not noticed anything particularly different to be honest..............but then Im a bit to a twonko where technology is concerned...................I dont really see what all the fuss is about.............I havent had any problems logging in.

Has the system been throwing people out as they log in or what?
Yip! got in without logging in as well :)

Jinty
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.