Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
Logging in.
60 Posts
Thats great Mark.................(tootsie pretends she knows what that means!! :oops: :oops: :oops: ).

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Tootsie
I think what Mark means is that we disabled the auto login for a while but have managed to fix the problems we have had and have now enabled it again- hopefully no more problems! :D
I DID tell you I was a twonko when it came to technology!

Thanks folks :D

Keep up the good work! :D
I think what Mark means is that we disabled the auto login for a while but have managed to fix the problems we have had and have now enabled it again- hopefully no more problems!

Fiona, does that mean that the Auto-Log-In feature has now been re-enabled then? I ask because I have accessed the HT boards several times on and off today and I never once had to enter my Username or Password manually. I was automatically logged in.

If the answer is 'YES' then I am somewhat confused as to why it was disabled in the first place depsite the Mods detailed explanations on this thread.
Does it really matter? :shrug

Reckon it would have been done by the mods to benefit us, but they listened to the majority and reversed the decision. More credit to them, wish our politicians would do the same :)

Cheers,
Jinty
As has been already explained in the beginning of the topic, we removed it as it was causing severe problems for our members that use AOL for their internet services. It caused them to being unable to log in at all - especially when they opted for the autologin feature.

We removed this feature until I had time to look at the code in greater detail.

I have found a way to recode the authentication process without compromising the security of the site.

We have therefore, when we implemented the new "Poppy" theme, re-instated autologin as we are now confident enough that security won't be compromised.

Please note that the software running these forums consists out of thousands of lines of code and to find the workaround took some considerable time. Until that workaround was found, we did not want to compromise the site's security.

MarkJ HT Mod
Does it really matter?

Reckon it would have been done by the mods to benefit us, but they listened to the majority and reversed the decision. More credit to them, wish our politicians would do the same

Well said!
hi mark
I'm not with AOL (blueyonder) & i try using the auto login again, but i have no luck with it. i even went from one section to another, and had to re-login. :oops: :oops:
Mark,

I use AOL and did not have any problems when the auto login was in use - I experienced a few problems afterwards such as sometimes having to log in and other times not. Glad that we have the auto login back - makes life much easier!!

Pippa
Can I, being the original protagonist, thank the mods for re-instating the auto login.

I think this thread sums itself up, in as much as the number of posts after auto login was re-instated far outweigh those before!

Mark
HI ALL
I'm logged on...i go to HOTEL REVIEWS, then back to the "Discussion
Forums" emmm, I've got to login again, SOMETHING WRONG.

anyone help. :roll: :roll: :roll:
I don't think most of us really MIND the couple of steps it takes to log in (although I'm now lucky and can stay logged in... :) ) and of course security is important ....

...and my mind boggles at machine code type computer things.... :?

....but I guess the frustration for members who keep having to log in mid-visit, is that you lose your "new posts" markers in the threads on each forum, and it's harder to keep up with topics.
Please help us so that we can help you:

Can those members experiencing problems remaining logged in, please give details in the following topic:

CLICK HERE

Many thanks

MarkJ HT Mod
Mark - Have tried link and it takes me to a white/blue page. I am not able to log in at all there. So, apologies if I am posting this in wrong place.

Have just sent 2 emails to admin regarding this which has happened over at last 2 days now.

Was able to log in by using old url in my favourites - all explained in email.

Hope you'll be able to find out if it is my computer or the actual website that does not allow log-in to this http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/index.php

This one works: http://holidayforums.co.uk/

Cic
I had no problems when all the above stuff was kicking off and just stayed logged in, but for the past couple of days I've had to log in each time. :roll: The 'log me in automatically' bit is still there and I always tick it but to no avail. I've never changed anything, always coming to the site via http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk which is saved in my 'favourites'. It isn't a major problem, except that until I log in it doesn't show me when there are new posts on forums in which I'm interested, and as I haven't been receiving the usual e-mails it can be a bit time-consuming.
many thanks for getting me back on

regards louise
For the last 2 ays I've been having trouble loggin on. I keep geting told that my log on details are wrong, but I know theyre definitely right. I then have to verify a series of letters & numbers & even then sometimes I can't get on. Any idea what the problem is?
Hi,

JustVal had the same problem. She hasn't replied to say whether the problem is fixed or not but PMing her may help. (And posting the fix, if there is one, could help others.)

Derek.
Will do that Derek, as I couldn't get on until the 6th attempt tonight :que
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.