Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Hi TeeCee,

I'm afraid that I cannot give a definitive answer on the BKK/Phuket part, but EVA / Bangkok Airways transfers have always been fine for us.

We have done LHR / BKK / Samui (and return) plus a few other combination flights within Thailand - so far no problems at all (in fact we usually try for the EVA / Bangkok Airways combination).

ALSO we have used Bangkok Airways from Siem Reap to BKK and picked up the EVA LHR flight (fairly short transfer time) baggage checked through!

Who actually issued the tickets - did you book through an agent or separately on the web? It may be worth contacting Bangkok Airways for their take on the matter. They DO reply to e-mail reservation@bangkokair.com

Cheers - and enjoy!

Peter
Cheers Pete, that's not a bad idea to check with Bangkok air as well, I'll do that

TC
Just an update on this for future reference.....

First of all, we had a fantastic time! Quite a bit of cloud during the two weeks but we still came back with one of our best tans ever!

Flights were fine. When checking in at Heathrow, they don't give you boarding passes for the Bangkok to Phuket flights. The bags get forwarded on automatically and you just have to walk to the transit area in BKK airport and pick up boarding passes for the onward flight. Bear in mind though that the transit area is on the other side of the airport and it's a good 15 minute walk to get there.

When returning from Phuket, they actually gave us both sets of boarding passes. Worryingly, the incoming flight to Phuket was 40 mins late so we thought we would miss the EVA flight to London, however, we made up a bit of time flying back to BKK then when we landed, we were put on a mini-bus, straight off the plane and it drove us to the other side of the airport to our EVA flight, where we boarded straight away so it worked out very well and was organized excellently by the airlines/airport staff.

Cheers

TC
Good to know that you enjoyed yourself and the flights worked well.

A good airline combination is always helpful.

:tup

Peter
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.