Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
joyceb.
it can get a little chilly at night,but depends on how high or low they have the air con on.
i took a small fleece blanket(a little childs one)and a pillow,lots take things like this to make it a bit more comfy
  • Edited by angelica 2007-03-13 16:55:24
can be a little nippy a blanket would be a good idea
We usually always have fleece jackets with us on the coach ... the thing with coaches is that you can't please everyone on board, and you may find that one person says it's cold and they put the temp up, then someone says it's too warm and they put it back down :lol:
Best to be ready for all eventualities!! T-shirt, with the optional fleece on standby for me :)
I had my fleece on too at night and gave my little fella our fluffy tartan blanket :lol: Quite a few times I woke up wishing I could steal the blanket off him mind you as i found it quite nippy.

Take both if you can!
Isn't it strange how warm you feel when you go to sleep, then you wake up during the night and the bus is like a fridge! :lol:
Thanks for the tips. I'll take fleeces and blanket. We are travelling to York by coach at Easter, not overnight, but it will give us a bit of practice at bum numbness.
to avoid bum numbness, always take advantage of every stop the bus makes .... even if it's just to get up and take a walk around the bus and stretch the legs!! :lol:
I agree. Not only to relieve bum numbness, but more seriously, DVT :(
a light blanket would be a good idea just in case
Just checking ...

.... do i need a Scottish passport now, to get through England?

:wink:
Do take a fleece or blanket and pillow, we was warm in the day but cold at night with the aircom, also take loose fitting shoes as our feet did get swollen mine badly, take a walk at each stop to stretch the legs, and a change of clothes for kids as accidents do happen
It's hit or miss on the coaches .... you either wake up feeling warm, or feel that you are in Siberia!! :lol:
CM, Looks like you will need to be dusting down the Scottish passport soon, as surely a coalition between the SNP & Tories will see the union break. They will have to re-build Hadrians wall
SNP and the Tories!!!! Now that would be something! Let's just say that 4 or 5 years ago you would have seen me proudly with my Union Jack towel by the pool .... now it's a Saltire and a Lion rampant - times have changed!

What's everyones view on how much 'grub' to pack for travelling? I used to be of the view that i crammed my cool bag with cans of juice, etc, but i have to say i've changed my mind on that a lot now. I tend to take some basics, some bagels (don't go soft like sandwiches) some crisps, some alkyhol (shhh!), but if i want a soup or a can of juice, it makes better sense to buy on the bus and have an emptier cool bag meaning more room for my long legs

views? Be interested to see how everyone else does it!
I always pack plenty to eat for the journey. :) We take sandwiches but make sure we eat them fairly early on, usually before we get to Dover, as like you say they soon go a bit stale and soggy. Then we have lots of nibbles like biscuits, crackers, crisps, and fresh fruit which we eat on the long drive south through France. Last time we took buttered scones and hot cross buns too! We ate those during the evening. Like you Cidermonster, we buy our drinks on the coach. The one thing we don't do is spend alot of money in the french service areas. I am not tight but I like value for my money! :)
I tend not to spend big in France either, except when passing Montellimar on the way home where the service station sells wonderful Nougar!! :lol:

One reason i never used to spend in France was that it meant taking seperate currencies years ago, and i couldn't be bothered - the euro makes that easier. However, as long as i get something decent on the ferry, i can wait till breakfast the following day! :)
Scones might be a nice idea too :)
Made the mistake first time travelling by coach of taking plenty of food and snacks for the children , ended up throwing most of it away , as the children got older, we would always have a cooked meal on board ferry, the children would have the occasional cup of soup or pot noodle , then have a meal at the supper stop, buy tea or coffee on board coach. This year only hubby and myself so will be travelling even lighter .

Lynne
CM are Mandy and Stevie working for Interbrava?

If so, you cannae beat one of Mandy's toasties :lol: Cameron lived on them breakfast, lunch and dinner on the coach!

Catherine xxx
They sure are, Scottishmum

I'm hoping to bump into them this week :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.