Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Wear loose clothing Pat - a loose fitting dress if you have one so there's no 'dig' round your waist............ :wink: Also maybe a hand held fan just incase the aircon on the bus isn't too good as it will be hot in August. (Get one with a good blast :wink: )

Also don't forget to walk around the bus or do some leg excersises whilst your travelling.

Enjoy your trip.

I'm sure some of our regular bus travellers will be able to give you some good hints and tips. :D
in addition to Glynis's tips
take advantage of every stop to stretch your legs
take a small pillow/cushion -it will help as headrest/bum rest/pillow at resort
take some liquid with you on board (water preferrably but vodka and coke helps me sleep)-they do sell drinks on coach but can run out of favourites
take a good book
watch the video-even if you have seen it before -it passes the time
try and get some sleep on last leg of journey after midnight
try and put any kids you take in luggage section, but failing that ensure they have enough to keep them amused -gameboys/games/books/sweets
take wet wipes
ensure you have a way of stopping your partner snoring all night(i know it wont be you that snores as it is always the other half!)
enjoy the trip and stops as part of your holiday and not as a method of getting there.
hope this helps.
thanks for all the tips, however im not sure if I will be wearing that loose fitting dress being a bloke an all !!....
do you think I would get away with a sarong!
If you have legs like Beckham - yes please :wink:
more like eric morecambe
thanks for all the tips, however im not sure if I will be wearing that loose fitting dress being a bloke an all !!....

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

*Edit to remove some emoticons (there were eleven). Please try and keep the use of emots to a minimum. Pippy*
I like the sound of this

try and put any kids you take in luggage section
:rofl
Think the customs guys at the port may have something to say about it though, lol

C xxx
Matey; some bloke advice for you.

Don't wear jeans or trousers; I always wear shorts, much more comfortable and loose fitting footwear. And if you're taking kids with you, a change of clothing just in case :) My youngster got ill and was sick on one trip and she ended up with my t-shirt as a dress and I ended up getting back to a very wet uk barechested :)
My biggest tip would be ......

Dont think of it as a journey .... think of it as part of your holiday! :)
Yes I wholeheartedly agree with you Mr Cidermonster -

Your Holiday Starts Once You Get On The Coach

Regards

Mark.
Totally agree, especially if you have a really good coach crew and you make friends with others on the coach!

Cider, you not doing the costa's this year then? Surely you must have withdrawal symptoms, no? :lol:
once in taxi my hols start knowing we are heading for the coach. then i sit back and relax all the way to malgrat de mar. :D
We always go with Ferris and the gang on the coach are always great and up for a laugh and you always end up with a few cheery characters on board as well.

I love going by coach - I'd rather coach it than fly it.

I'm off to THe Royal Beach Hotel in Lloret in September.

Mark.
That's right, Scottishmum .... no costa's for us this year, and i have the shakes!! The good lady couldnt get the normal hols this year, plus we bought the caravan at Wemyss Bay, so gonna use that instead!

I will tell you though ... was sitting in the glorious sunshine on a small secluded beach just north of Adrossan on Saturday ..... and the costa brava has nothing on the West coast of Scotland (apart from more reliable weather of course!) Im beginning to appreciate my own country more! :)
Think i might do Estartit next year though, Schnapps and Drambuie are more expensive over here!! :lol:
Glynis - been thinking about that loose fitting dress and walking down the ailse with my mini fan telling everybody "Im a lady" do you really think I could pull it off?
Is it cold on the bus at night? Not done this before, all the tips are very helpful.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.