Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
olu deniz beach resort hotel is a good one or the belcekiz web site below http://www.belcekiz.com/
hope this helps
Belcekiz beach hotel is fantastic. We stayed there last July. Fantastic hotel, and superb location, right on the sea front at Olu Deniz.

It is sold through Thomson or Portland.

Great food, right in centre of resort, but not noisy at night.

there is a thread on the hotel, do a search. We met many people who have returned many times before.

Cant recommend it enough!! It is fantastic!!

Go to the Thomson website and you can look at it through Google earth, and see its exact location. It is 10 mins walk to the lagoon, and from what I know is the only hotel directly on the sea front.
Hi, I think any hotel in Olu Deniz will fit most of your criteria! None of the balconies are that large, all hotels are five minutes or less from bars and restaurants. There are lots of places to eat with very good food. The resort is not really noisy at all. I have stayed at quite a lot of different hotels in Olu Deniz and not a lot to choose between any of them. The Belcekiz is very good it is all inclusive now so if that is what you want that would be a good one.
Probably the "best hotel" in Olu is the Oyster Residence.Its situated on the sea front and is something special.Its described as a boutique hotel and is beautiful.We met a couple who were staying there and went to visit them.It was idyllic and total contrast to the manic AI hotel we were staying in(Sun City).I think its in Tradewinds brochure but may be available direct.If I went back to Olu I would stay here.
have been to the belcekiz beach twice now (and I have never returned anywhere before)
Location is stunning, mountains one side , sea the other, I minute to the nearest shops etc. Great food, great staff , not at all noisy after 10pm, not very noisy before then either mind.Place is spotless, the gardners even shake the leaves of the trees in the morning so they don,t fall on the guests!The only (small)negative point is that the rooms are not that big but should be fine if its just the two people in it. Balcony was big enough for 2 chairs and a table.
Lally
The three best are
1. The oyster residence, B&B, sovereign brochure
2. The belcekiz beach AI
3. The Olu Deniz Resort Hotel AI (though I think you need to pay the supplement for the sea-view rooms, I wouldn't stay in the normal rooms, only these)

Lycia World is susposed to be great, I've driven around the outside & looked in, but it's a mile or two outside Olu Deniz & only served by taxis not buses & an uphill walk from Olu.

The first three are the ONLY three I would stay in. They are the ONLY beach front ones in Olu too.
i agree with the suggestions you have been given but i have stayed in lykia world and its the best hotel ive ever stayed in , beautiful scenery, fantastic food, taxi into olu about 5 mins, rooms have lovely balconies a lot over looking the sea, lykia has its own private beach and the rooms are fairly big , and i didnt notice any noise where we were, think that covers all your questions
Hi to all!

A big thanks from Helen and I for so many responses, she has printed them up and is studying them over her tea and toast!LOL! We prefer if possible to fly from glasgow so we are going into some travel agents tomorrow to get something sorted. All of the hotels mentioned sound brilliant! As I mentioned never been to OLu so beginning to look forward to it even now! Once again thanks!

Alistair and Helen
let us know how you get on, lykia has its own website to have a look at, think its lykiaworld.com
hi briar
do you know if you can book blue star hotel direct?
Chips, Briars post above says that she booked direct ;)
Kath HT Admin
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.