Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Loro Parque
68 Posts
hi minxy. I have done Loro Parque a few times and i personally would prefer to go independantly as i feel that you have to rush around in order to see all the shows and look at everything there. It is well worth a visit though. I loved planet penguin.
We've done it a couple of times too....both times in the hire car..Wow! The Silverback Gorillas :yikes :lol:
We were there beginning of August and the Orca show is out of this world - it actually made me cry. :cry: but in a nice way :D

I wouldn't go via excursion though - our bus was 30mins late picking us up, it took over 2 1/2hrs to get there (from PDLA) and then we had to be out of the park again by 16.30hrs(excursion rules) we were 5 mins late because we couldn't find the bus, and the guide had the audacity to stand there tapping his watch at us. :evil: They should have given us longer in the park to make up for their late pickup.
If you decide to go with an excursion company you'll definitely get the best deal with Admiral Travel, but you'll have to visit quite a few pickup points before you get to the motorway. Last time we went (we've been 3 times with Admiral over the years) we got 5 hours at Loro Parque. If you hire a car you'll be able to stay for longer so will have more time to catch the shows, which are scheduled at various times of the day, but it's still quite a long drive. Whatever option you decide to take, Loro Parque is definitely not to be missed!
Do they do such a thing as a family ticket ?

Any idea on the most economical way for a family to visit - or do you just have to pay the standard €31 an adult and €19 a child to go in ?

Any advantage in prebooking via the interent - that's if you can of course.

Regards, Chris
I can take prebookings over the internet.....PM me for more information

pick up near hotel is 34 euros per adult, obviously including return transport, entrance and 6 hours in the park. I use this specific company because they have extended the length of time in the park due to the fact that there is now an extra show.

Entrance only tickets, 26 euros.
vvv,

Thanks for the info. If we have just the entrance tickets do we have to specify the day we are going or is it an open ticket for any day ? Is there a reduction for kids ?

Chris
Hi

No, it is an open ticket when you just want the entrance only..........you decide.

Child price is 17.50 euros, ages up till 12 and under 5's are free!!!!
last time we went to loro park was ermmmm 3 years ago it was fab... we are heading to tenerife in 10 days yipee taking my sister and neice also this time so were thinking of going to loro park again whats the extra show now.... and whats this about orcas was only dolphins last time...

we went by a package and it was a real rush we litrally ran round the park so i don't recommend it also you had to be there exactly ontime or the coach left without people while we were there another coach left without 12 of their holiday makers we were shocked...

vvv if yours is for longer would def be intersted.. oh i can't get your website to work :0(
The Orcas are the latest attraction.....................killer whales which theey flew in from America with their trainers!!!

Hard to say which is the best show......they'e all great,though personally a day at Loro would not be the same without seeing the sealiions..........hilarious!
we loved the sealions so so funny was brilliant do they also still have the dolphins to? and are the orcas a permanent fixture now?

We will def be wanting to go back to loro park now also on a coach trip...

between that, fishing, whale watching, los giaganties etc ect i'm goign to be busy..
Don't worry, the dolphin show is still there, as is the parrot show, sealions and Orcas!! :D
On way back to the airport last week (fri 22nd Sept 06) the taxi driver mentoined the new loro parque will be opening in about a year.
This is situated more or less next to the Aqua Park in PDLA.
You could see some of the framework of the water rides and the auditorium. This will put the aqua park under compition. We loved the aquapark too, Sat with the dolphins, watched the show and slid down the slides.
rumour has it they are due to open siam park on the 17th December.......I can't really see that happening myself.

I can't wait for us to have this in the south :D
What animals will they have at the new Siam Park? I don't suppose they'll have orcas there as well as in the north. I'm planning on a possible holiday to Tenerife at Easter 2008 (already booked Fuerte for Easter 2007 and Ibiza for August 2007) so that's 18 months away, hopefully it will be all finished and the animals will be settled in by then. I love Loro Parque, been twice and would go again and again, but it will be so much easier to have the same thing in the south.
rumour has it they are due to open siam park on the 17th December.......I can't really see that happening myself.

The Siam Park should be completed by Dec 17th but will not open until a couple of months afterwards.

Article Here :roll:
Thanks for the link nigel2004 I for one am looking forward to when it opens. I only hope that it will not be judged to quickly as inevitably it will be compared to Loro Parque in Puerto de La Cruz.
Hi The best place to buy tickets 2 adults 2 kids for Loro Park between 10th to the 24th. cheers
Where are you staying??
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.