Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Loro Park
68 Posts
Go to the Exchange rate thread on the Tenerife page & find a post by VVV, pm her & I am sure she will be able to help you with tickets for the Loro Parque. :wink:
hi guys, just noticed that you can buy tickets online , prices 29euros per adult and 19 per child, this sounds quite a lot, is it cheaper to wait till we get there ?
That sounds like a pretty good deal to me especially as the exchange rate is
really high at present (1.501) on the bbc website this afternoon! :) :D
Hi Judy5

You should try Tenerife Sunshine in Peurto Colon, you will probably find they are cheaper again. Give them a call on 0034 922 796 039 from the UK
Hope it helps, we book all of our tours with them and never have a problem
Whatever o pay the trip is worth every penny, we went last year and it's the best animal park EVER. The whale show is worth the entry fee alone. the rice yu quoted seems reasonable, go for it
juby 5
In my experience,
The online ticket price quoted on the website is the same admission price you'd pay when you get there.
http://www.loroparque.com
Been several times now,most recently Oct 2006.

I noticed that admiral travel are now quoting 34 Euros per adult and 21 per child. If you click on excursions.
http://www.admiraltravel.es/index_ing.htm
thanks to everyone who replied, we will definately go whether we buy tickets now or later, but great thought about the exchange rate, i also noticed the whale show starts 3rd of june which coincides nicely with our hols, so even better !
as of yesterday its 29 for adults... available prety much everywhere
Hi
Has anyone been to the loro park?
Is it worth taking a day out of holiday to go?
Was worried about spending alot of time queing.
Also how long is the journey from Las americas ?

Would appreciate any feedback

I would say DEFINITELY visit Loro Parque! It is worth it just to see the orcas. I had an amazing day there. I think (can't remember for definitie) it took about an hour from Los Cristianos. We were quite rushed on the coach trip but had time to see all the shows. We managed to see the orca show twice and it was one of the best experiences of my life.
We didn't have to queue much apart form waiting to get into shows, but if you get there early this isn't a problem. The longest queue was for food. We went mid July.
Have fun!
Been to Loro Park twice. First time was with an excursion which didn't really give enough time to see everything. Second time we hired a car and really enjoyed it because we could stay and see everything. I think it took us an hour and a half to reach Loro Park from PDLA and it is definitely is worth a full day.
The queue's I can remember were at the penguin house, but this has a moving walkway so it moves quite quickly. The other was for food so we now eat a bit early and avoid them, ie 11:30.
Been to Tenerife twice - been to Loro Parque twice - going back to PDLA next Easter and will definitely be going to Loro Parque again - do I need to say any more? :D
If you go on an organised excursion it will take at least 90 minutes from PDLA/LC, with all the various pick-ups etc and you will have to plan your time in the park very carefully so you don't miss any of the shows - you usually only get 5 hours there, which even though it's not a huge place, there's a lot to cram in, especially now they have the orcas there (the reason we are going back next Easter). There are dolphin shows, sea lion shows, parrot shows and the new orca show, and you will also want time to stroll round and see all the other animals. Planet Penguin is a must and the aquarium with the shark tunnel is also totally unmissable. The jaguars, tigers, chimps etc are also fantastic and all behind glass so you can get fantastic photos and videos without ugly bars in the way (turn your camera flash off)
I think you can get a public bus from PDLA to Puerto de la Cruz, this will take a long time but at least you're not tied to the coach driver's timetable (just make sure you don't miss the last bus back...) If you don't mind driving you can hire a car - most of the journey is a long straight wide road from PDLA to Santa Cruz down the east coast of the island.
I don't drive, and we rely on organised excursions but because we've been before, I know my way around the park now and I can plan our day so we don't miss anything. I take a packed lunch so we don't have to waste time queueing for food. There is a map and show times on Loro Parque's website HERE which may help you plan your day.
Yes lora park is a must, about 90min journey. Shows fantastic especially the orca s,been three times now took our grandaughter in march she loved it
I would definitely recommend Lora Park; especially of you have young children with you. Having been to Orlando a few times it has that feel of a Disney child friendly theme park without someone trying to sell you merchandise every 5 minutes. The food prices were quite reasonable and there is a lot to see.
There are loads of different companies selling the excursion and you should find a good bargain. I would recommend getting an early bus to the park, so you arrive when it's opening. The last trip I went on (Jan this year), I got a leaflet in the airport to book the trip direct (over the phone). It was the cheapest I've paid for the excursion, but the bus didn't leave until 10am from PDLA, so we didn't get a full day there.
Yes definately go to Loro Park, it's an absolute must! The orca show is amazing, as are all the others. I would try to make your own way there as we didn't have enough time to see everything when we went on an organised tour.
It was so good, we will definately be going back this year!
Went on Wednesday (just gone!) - we made our own way from Golf del Sur and got there at 12 noon. There were no queues but I was a bit surprised at the prices - 30 euros for adults and 19 euros for children - anyway we went in and saw the sealion, dolphin and orca whale shows. They were all brilliant, even for adults, so YES you must visit. We were nearly last out and saw the snow tiger and tiger having a wrestling match!! so 79 euros well spent.
We went on tuesday for the second time and it`s definitely worth the visit,the orca show is worth the entry fee alone!.

We went on a organised trip booked through Admiral Travel @ a cost of €70 for 2 adults and 2 kids which is well worth it! under 5s get in free but 2-5yr olds pay 9€ for a seat on the bus.

We had plenty of time to see all the shows and all the other animals in the 5 or so hours that we were there,the only down side was that the pengiun planet area was closed for refurbishment when we went.
Oh no, that's my favourite place :shock:

still there's plenty of other things to see ........
Just wondering how long the coach journey is from PDLA to Loro Parque if you book a package.
Is there a central pick up point or does the coach make zillions of stops at hotels ?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.