Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
We have just booked for Los Zocos (eventually made up our minds), we have booked a 2 bedroom apartment, can anybody tell me if these have baths in the bathrooms? We have to have a bathroom as my daughter has mobility problems and would not manage a shower. Think I may go back to First Choice and ask them to request an apartment with a bath.
Louie, I don't have any idea if Los Zocos has baths, so it would perhaps be better to contact them. However, please be warned, that as Lanzarote has no natural water, if a bath is available in apartments there will be a very small amount of hot water available for a bath as you would know it!!!! :) Most complexes have very small water heaters!
ive seen pictures of apartments with baths in, i will have the same problam as i am taking my 7 month daughter with me and i need a bath for her, if their isnt one i might just buy a small swimming pool fill it up from the shower and put her in that dont know if that would be a good idea for you, we are going in 4 weeks and staying in a 2 bedroom so i will let you know.
madsue wrote:
as Lanzarote has no natural water, if a bath is available in apartments there will be a very small amount of hot water available for a bath as you would know it!!!! :)
And the water will probably be a bit orange looking!

Anyone wishing to post a review for these apartments may do so HERE.

Pippy :)
Thanks, I have already thought of buying a paddling pool, but I may have to buy a dingi as my daughter will be 6 when we go :)

Have a good holiday.
Please can anyone who has recently been let me know about the cockroach situation i am absolutely petrifide and some reviews say that they are everywhere we are due to fly out on the 12th june 2008 and i am getting more and more worried as time goes on i have 4 children one which is 3yrs old and i am worried that is could potentially spoil our holiday I am aware that there are always creatures about but someone has said they are all over the dance floor crawling up legs and are in bedrooms. Too say that I am having sleepless nights is an under statement. Please be honest and tell me how it is so I can at least prepare my self or ask for specific rooms. Thanks.

Keely
Hi can anyone tell me whether or not there are plenty of parasols around the pool? Reason I am asking is that my daughter is photophobic so we do need to be able to have shade for her so she isn't constantly in the sun
just got back today im afraid to say their isnt enough parsols around the pool, and if your lucky enough to get one they just blow over anyway hope this helps.
Hi Julie

If you'd like to post your review you may do so HERE :tup

Hi Louie G.......there aren't many parosols round the pool but you can hire them I believe.......also have you thought about taking a small pop up sun tent? I used to take one of these with us when my children were younger. There was plenty of space around the pool while we were there.....also by the small pool area there is a large shaded area so you could sit/lay by this area so that your daughter could be shaded. I'll see if I have any photos I can post.
Re baths....we were in Block 2 in a 2 bed apartment which had a bath....There was always enough hot water for all of us to have a more than adequate bath on an evening.......my parents were in a 1 bed apartment in the same block which had a shower only....although these were large and easily accessible. Just email the hotel before yougo and ask for block 2, as they are the most recently refurbished aswell.
Hope that helps.
Lou x

Re Cochroaches....yes there are some....but we only saw one or two a night and they were always outside.....I wouldn't worry unduly.
Hi
We have just booked a 2 bed S/C apartment for my wife and I and our 5 year old at Los Zocos. I understand that blocks 1 and 2 are the best ones to stop in, so I am going to send an email to the hotel to ask that we are put into one of these. However, which one do people think is best for less night-time noise - I don't really want to be put in a room directly across from Cactus Jacks!
Also, does anybody know if the kids club will be open?
This is the first time we have gone into a hotel with our young one, we normally have a villa but wanted more for him to do this year.
Does anybody have any other tips for us.

By the way, I think the message board is great!
D
Welcome to the forum MisterE! :wave:

In case you haven't seen them there are reviews HERE to get you started ;)

Thanks Pippy - it was the reviews that dragged me in (via Google of course!).

If anyone can advise me then I would be most grateful
Wondering about spending a week at Los Zocos next April.
Did anyone go this year or last, are they OK ? Went to Costa Teguise a few years ago and stayed at Teguisol next door & used Zocos exchange facility and shop more than ours, always thought to stay at Los Zocos if we went back.

Kids teens now so vital to have 2 bed apartment to ensure sanity, any other recommendations gratefully received.

Are there any apartments in Lanza that have a heated pool in the winter months or would I need a hotel for this kind of luxtry. LOL. This would be a second holiday so cant afford to go too mad moneywise.

Thanks to anyone who replies.

Doe :sun2
Hi chris .

We have stayed here but It was a few years ago and in the summer . I know the apartments have had a refurb since then but if the Los Zocos is still on your list chris you know I would be more than happy to help .
Hi Lyn :)

Thanks for replying I was looking for something for a week at Easter. I stayed in the apartments next door but it was years ago, I like that end of the resort.I do remember these being well located and having a couple of nice large pools. I'm a bit limited really as I want a 2 bed. Also wondering about what the weather will be like there as I am sure it was October the last time I went to CT and not April, but I guess it wont be much different.

If I do manage to get a good price on them I will pm you.

Yes the 2 pools there were lovely chris and both a good size . Hopefully they would heat at least one of them ;)

lyn
I don't know for sure but we're going to CT next year to the Oasis Lanz apps and it says in the brochure that one of the pools is heated!!! How true it is though I don't know!
I don't know for sure but we're going to CT next year to the Oasis Lanz apps and it says in the brochure that one of the pools is heated!!! How true it is though I don't know!

Hi chivas I stayed in the oasis lanz in august and can confirm one of the pools are heated and defo the best pool I've used it CT its not really hot but is good compared to the normally freezing pools in CT :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.