Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
You tube has been filtered from the site for a few years now due to us having no control over their videos. However we do allow you tube videos to be embedded on the galleries section so members can then post links to the video on our gallery.

This way we have control over what is posted on the board. Last thing we need is inappropriate content via you tube.

HTH

Van
A goodwill gesture from someone senior at Thomson would give me faith back in Thomson's
but I have had no communication from them since!
I'm sorry but I don't think you will hear anything further from Thomson. As Steve8482 says it looks extremely likely that the original mistake was yours - can't understand why you didn't at least read the email even if you couldn't print it off. :duh
Loads of people have reported real cases of Thomson short notice accommodation changes & flight changes/delays - I'm one - and very few have ever got a penny of compensation.
Ouch! :yikes This is so easily done with booking online, that's why you have to check, check and check again before you press that submit button then print immediately and double check again.
I have now dipped into my pension fund to rebook my Holiday in August at a cost of £1500 as I did not want my wife to go without on our 40th Anniversary treat.
I rebooked through First Choice Holidays, which I understand is owned by Thomsons as I did not want to go on Thomsons site directly due to last experience!
If a goodwill gesture is coming from Thomson's now would be the time!
Have looked into distance selling and right to cancel and yes you are correct - holidays are not covered - I will remove my earlier post as it maybe misleading :whoops

Here's the correct info

http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?itemId=1073792577&r.i=1073792574&r.l1=1073861169&r.l2=1079589261&r.l3=1074033669&r.s=m&r.t=RESOURCES&type=RESOURCES
I know that this is not very helpful, but I DO find with some websites that having "scrolled" to a date, if you don't "click" the mouse at that point and simply scroll elsewhere (or even go to a new page), then the date that you thought that you'd "selected" is completely different....

Hope that makes sense...

ATB,J.
yes, it does to me! And in this case the months list was in a small font which would have made it harder to see. As I said, poor design at that point but the date would have been repeated later on for checking.
I still have not had a reply from writing to Thomson's complaints address about my lost Holiday!! Just shows they don't care!!
I have just returned from my Kefalonia Holiday (second booking). I must say I cannot fault the Thomson reps they were first class! Shame the people at the top are not the same! and listen to their customers!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.