Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
If you do book seperate components (or anything relating to travel services) it is always best to book on your credit card. When you do that, your credit card company buys the the accommodation/ flights and sells them on to you (unless your credit card is used only as a booking guarantee). That means, if anthing does go wrong you can bring an action against them. This is particularly useful if your contract is with an overseas services provider.

Paul
Hi,
I contacted C* at Low cost and told her that she had been recommended from someone to help me out.Unfortunately she emailed me to say that the All Incusive option at the hotel in question is unavailable at the time I want to go.Funny that as I can book it through the website.I have copied the payments page and sent it to her but so far I have not had a response.Will keep you updated.
  • Edited by Glynis HT Admin 2011-01-10 13:04:23
    Edit to remove personal name
After a few phone calls I left my details and I received a call from C* to say that she has updated my booking and I am now All Inclusive when I go on holiday.She said there was a fault in the Low Cost holidays website but she has sorted it out.Credit where credit is due and I send my thanks.
  • Edited by Glynis HT Admin 2011-01-10 13:04:59
I was trying to confirm an online booking with Lowcostholidays over the weekend (Sunday) and could do all but make my payment. I got a message to say my credit card couldn't be confirmed and to call on an 0844 number (I'm in Cyprus).

I did call but the message said the office was closed (it was 08:35 in UK) but no times or dates so I assumed they were to open later that morning. I called again a little later and left my name and number as requested and I did receive a call back about an hour or so afterwards.

Sadly, the guy could not find my reservation and asked for a booking ref number, which of course I didn't have as the confirmation hadn't been forthcoming. All they had was an email enquiry from me as I also sent an email using the link provided on HolidayTruths ;)

He told me I could call After Sales but that was an 0870 number and I wasn't prepared to do that from Cyprus and informed him of the same so he said would try to locate the details and get back to me. I waited until after 1pm my time and eventually called them again.

I managed to get hold of a very helpful young lady whose name escapes me just now and I don't have access to my emails at home... She couldn't locate the original booking and did the whole process for me over the telephone, added my transfer as requested and now I have my 5 nights hotel accommodation on half board in Malta with my transfers included at just over 90 UK pounds.

I usually use Sunshine or TravelRepublic for bookings for 2 people but found the costs were lower on this occasion. So, as long as all goes according to plan - this may be a new website I visit in future. Will see how much all the phone calls cost me though!!!

No idea why my card wasn't accepted as whilst I was waiting to sort out the problem with Lowcostholidays, I went ahead and booked my flight from Larnaca to Malta on AirMalta's website and paid using the same credit card....

Shell
Limassol, Cyprus
Im so glad you got sorted!

Belly
Hi hillbankdee,

Thank you for your feedback and I am glad to hear that your issue was promptly resolved. We look forward to booking your next holiday for you.

Just to clarify for the readers, C* is an employee at Purple Travel, not Low Cost Holidays. Low Cost was used as the agent for the accommodation on this booking.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to hearing more from our customers!

Sincerely Yours,
The Purple Travel Team
  • Edited by Glynis HT Admin 2011-01-10 13:05:55
CR.Purpleholidays wrote:
Hi hillbankdee,

Thank you for your feedback and I am glad to hear that your issue was promptly resolved. We look forward to booking your next holiday for you.

Just to clarify for the readers, C* is an employee at Purple Travel, not Low Cost Holidays. Low Cost was used as the agent for the accommodation on this booking.

This is the lowcostholidays topic, where members are raising issues about that company.

From what I can see from earlier posts, hillbankdee booked with lowcostholidays and is providing feedback about that company and one of its employees, not purpleholidays or any of its employees.

If C* is an employee of purpleholidays as you suggest, how then are members able to contact her at lowcostholidays about issues with their lowcostholidays bookings, and why does she have a lowcostholidays email address ? :hmmm
David :wave
Hi David,

I can assure you that C* is an employee of Purple Travel (Purpleholidays.com), and not Low Cost Holidays. As a Travel Agent, we have booked this accommodation on behalf of the customer with Low Cost Holidays. Therefore, all customer service queries regarding the accommodation booked would need to go through us at Purple Travel as the booking agent.

It happens quite frequently when customers are not clear on who their holiday has been booked with when there are so many different components involved. For more information on how travel agents operate, as opposed to tour operators and bed banks, you can find an informative article in our Blog under the "Explore" section. Thank you for bringing up this query, as it is a common misunderstanding.

I hope this helped to explain the situation. Please feel free to contact us in case you have any further queries.

Sincerely Yours,
The Purple Travel Team
That's very strange, because C* has in fact been in contact with us about this topic, quoting a verified lowcostholidays email address and phone number.

I can confirm that emails sent to HT by CE are from lowcostholidays here is confirmation (have removed her contact details to protect her privacy).

I have also emailed her, providing the link to this thread.

C* E*
LowCostHolidays
E-Mail: ******@lowcostholidays.com
Tel: + 44 (0) 87******

Ranked 20th in the prestigious Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 league table
lowcostholidays.com, now anyone can go anywhere!
http://www.lowcostholidays.com http://www.resorthoppa.com
Hi,
Just to clear up any misunderstanding anyone might have,I have a booking with LOWCOSTHOLIDAYS not Purple Travel[I have never heard of these people].I can also assure this person from Purple holidays that I am very sure who I have my booking with and it is certainly not Purple Holidays.I had an issue with my holiday accommodation which the person at Lowcost holidays has now sorted out to my complete satisfaction.This is a direct booking with Lowcost holidays and not as someone has stated booked through an agent.
That was my understanding of your earlier posts hillbankdee, but thanks for taking the time to confirm it for us.

Hi there,

Thank you for clarifying. It seems we both have a person by the same name employed at both companies in customer service. That is quite the coincidence!

Many thanks,
The Purple Travel Team
I've used Lowcost to book hotels several times in the past but never for flights. On checking their site they have an excellent price for a Thomas Cook flight I want but it was not clear whether this included hold luggage, for which TC now charge. I rang Lowcost on 01342 305620 (avoiding the O8444 charges) and was told that 20kg hold luggage is included in this. Incidentally the lady I spoke to advised me to book on line as the price she had was quite a bit higher.
Been back for a couple of weeks now.Just to say that I have nothing but praise for LowCost Holidays.My holiday was superb and I would have no hesitation in booking with LCH in the future.
hi.....am I wrong...did we have a LCH employee who is HT member and helps sort problems out....thing is been looking for travel agent who does the Marianthi apartments in Pefkos....ready for booking a holiday for next year.....want same rooms we had last time....have seen the hotel I want on LCH...but it shows a photo of what looks to me like the building next to the one we were in.....and it calls it the marianthi studios.....so need some information....are the marianthi apartments and the marianthi studios different hotels.......on LCH the holiday for the marianthi studios has other room type choices....one is a 2 bedroom apartment.....that is the room type we need....so am confused....are these type rooms in another building from the one in the photo on LCH.....tweetie

ps...MODS ect feel free to move me to where the LCH member is posting
Hi TWEETIE PIE ... LCH staff have a few accounts but I am not aware of any of them posting recently, at least not in an official capacity. These email addresses have been posted in the past, it may be worth trying any or all of them:

onlineanswers@lowcostholidays.com
operations@lowcostholidays.com
info@lowcostholidays.com

hi David...thanks.....last time we went was sons wedding....he booked through thomsons travel agents....who didnt do the wedding package.....so thomsons booked it with I think first choice....but when we got our confirmation we got 2...one from first choice and another from airtours or skytours....now they are all one company....I have searched the sites but none do the marianthi....the 2 I have found that do are easyjet holidays and LCH....but LCH shows a different building and call it the marianthi studios and are a lot cheaper ...hence I wanted to know if they are different hotels.....tweetie
The LowCost website is a nightmare recently. I'm looking to book a hotel in Tunisia for April and have looked at other companies which give good prices but like the idea of paying the balance only 4 weeks before travel. The site seems to be on a 'go slow' and then keeps switching me to other countries!! Anyway, just rang the company and told the man what I wanted - Kaiser as it's cheap and cheerful and, as I'm almost a native, it will suit me fine. He said "the normal price is £280" (I laughed out loud) and he said "I haven't finished yet, we can do it for £207") As that is over £80 dearer than Travel Republic, Quick Rooms, Alpha Rooms or ULookUBook I won't be taking advantage of their 'bargain'. :yikes
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.