Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
All the other companies were within a few pounds of each other so I was just checking LC for the benefit of not having to pay the balance for a couple of months. When I told the man what others were charging he simply told me to get on the phone and book! LC used to be at least comparable to the other companies but that is ridiculous. I too have been receiving their e-mails telling me about their sale.
I booked with them last year to go to the Soreda Hotel on a surprise visit while my parents were in Malta and they were the cheapest for a single person travelling.

But we just got a cost of 227.00GBP for AI for both of us (including the Credit Card fees) at the same hotel again with Travel Republic when the basic cost for AI with LowCostHolidays was 270.00GBP for 2 people and that's without the CC fees.

You really do have to shop around at the moment. But, I prefer to stick with the ones I'm familiar with, such as Travel Republic, Sunshine.co.uk and LowCostHolidays. I've given up with the big tour ops now for accommodation only deals as they're not really competitive at all any more.

Shell
Limassol, Cyprus
I do so agree that the cost of accommodation only is prohibitive with the main tour operators, and package holidays don't have the same flexibility with flights etc.
hi all :wave: ...am thinking of booking hotel and accomodation with lowcost for this july.....and transfers....good price...but would like to feel I can trust them to get me the room I book...any thoughts...tweetie
I doubt there is any company which hasn't received bad reports over the years, but I've used Lowcost on several occasions and never had a problem I do usually phone or e-mail the hotel a week before I'm due to arrive. I'm sure it isn't really necessary but it gives me a chance to mention any specific requests, such as a room on a high floor (or not as the case may be).
NEVER USE LOW COST HOLIDAYS UNLESS YOU CAN COPE WITH STRESS WHEN BOOKING A 'SIMPLE' HOLIDAY ONLINE

I have literally just booked a holiday to algarve with 'LOWCOSTHOLIDAYS.COM'.

I paid a total amount of £482.97 IN FULL on their website. Once the payment went through I was directed to a confirmation page saying the following:
-------------------------------------------------
THANKYOU FOR YOUR BOOKING
We are delighted to confirm your holiday booking. Your booking has been made and has been secured by paying a DEPOSIT of £482.97 (including £0.97 credit card surcharge). the balance of £40.00 is now due.
--------------------------------------------------

Now how can this be when i only have the option to pay my balance in full (since I am due to fly in 6 days time)..

When I went through the process again on the website it seems that the flight costs have suddenly risen by exactly £20 per person (therefore I owed 'lowcostholidays' a further £40 in order to receive my travel documents). Lowcostholidays do NOT send your travel documents until all outstanding payments have been made.

When I spoke to their 'so called' customer service team I was obviously transferred to an Indian call centre where they were obviously following a script.

They couldn’t tell me anything factual just to wait a couple of days for the flight details to be available. BUT they were willing to take my card details again to make the additional £40Ii owed them. I naturally declined for the time being.

Moments laterIi visited the 'lowcostholidays' website once again to try the holiday package once again. To my surprise the price for the flight had changed YET AGAIN,. This time it was £25 cheaper (per person) than the original price I had paid. Therefore INSTEAD OF ME OWING THEM £40. ...in a dramatic turn of events THEY NOW ACTUALLY OWE ME A REFUND OF £25 PER PERSON (A TOTAL OF £50 REFUND).

I instantly called them back to tell them that I now owe nothing, and in fact they actually owe me a refund for clearly paying too much and I NOW SHOULD LEGALLY BE ABLE TO HAVE MY TRAVEL DOCUMENTS since I have no balance outstanding balance.

I spoke to the same guy ont he customer service desk who simply said 'PLEASE WAIT UNTIL TUESDAY WHEN THE FLIGHTS ARE FULLY CONFIRMED' and sadly DUE TO A SYSTEM ERROR I CAN NOT SEND YOU YOUR TRAVEL DOCUMENTS,

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON???????

SO IN THE SPACE OF ONE HOUR OF BOOKING WITH ‘LOWCOSTHOLIDAYS’ MY FLIGHT CHARGES HAVE INCREASED (IN WHICH I OWED THEM EXTRA MONEY, AND THEY HAVE ALSO DECREASED (IN WHICH THEY OWE ME A REFUND.

IM SURE BY TUESDAY THE FLIGHT PRICES WILL HAVE CHANGED AGAIN AND THEY WILL PROBABL SAY I NOW OWE THEM ALOT MORE THAN £40.

I HAVE CONTACTED THE TRADING STANDARDS AND THEY ARE NOW LOOKING INTO MY CASE,

DO CUSTOMERS ACTUALLY NEED THIS KIND OF STRESS WHEN BOOKING A HOLIDAY... I THINK NOT!!
Booked my holiday with Lowcost 2 weeks ago, have been trying to get an answer to a question via their 'Customer Relations' dept since booking. I have emailed them no less than 10 times and still no answer......all I wanted to know was.....On my flight to Alicante on 02/07/2013 Flight No/ VOE9364 WHAT IS MY BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE?? which I paid extra for?? This firm's Customer Relations and telephone number is a joke.......it appears that once they have your money getting back in touch with them is nigh on impossible.........be careful when booking with them.........ensure you have full details of your holiday before hanging up.....you won't have another chance to speak to anyone after. I would never book with them again. So disappointing !!! :duh
Well covered in the trade press in the last couple of days. No longer Atol protected, and the CAA aren't happy with them either!
I wouldn't have touched them before, but now............. :yikes
Though I do not have any prior booking experience with LowCost Holidays, it makes sense to book with the hotel directly.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.