Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
It's notoriously difficult to sue in another Country, as there will be a different legislative framework. UK legal firms will need to employ Spanish legal people, pushing the costs up etc.

Did they keep your deposit, what monies are you trying it get back ?

If they returned your money to you? I wouldn't bother suing as a point of principal as if will be more trouble than it's worth, and they probably covered themselves anyway.
Just a thought, have you tried to do a charge back on your card?
As per doe -if they have returned your deposits -walk away and learn for the future.
It's certainly worth knowing that they are a Spanish company. I haven't used them recently but have done so in the past, as I have other similar companies, and have been lucky enough not to have any problems, but I'll probably give them a wide berth in the future.
I think the confusion has arisen Aslemma is they used to be a British company and then relocated to Spain. Maybe in the last 12 months or so?

Trouble is when companies have British sounding names you kind of assume they are British and so give red by British laws.

It pays to be vigilant I guess.

Doe
Ekk should read covered by British laws.

Brought down by predictive text as usual !
Oh how I hate predictive text. I turn it off whenever possible as it so often produces gobbledegook!

I did think Lowcost used to be a British Company and wonder how many others will go the same way. :roll:
Quite possibly simply wanted to let off steam, but the original post was only 3 days ago so there's plenty of time for him to come back.
Lowcost relocated to Palma about 12 months ago and it was well publicised at the time. They already had a subsidiary based there. Anyone that books with them will be aware of this as it's the first thing they tell you in their terms and condtions (that's presuming people read them before saying they have and accepting them :que )
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.