Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
The plot thickens

I called Monarch who we are flying with and they said it's usually 20kg, but to check with booking agent as sometimes it can vary !

I then got a reply from Lowcost saying that although we were with Monarch it was 15kg each ?? as they had booked it through Avro

Looking on Avro's website it says luggage allowance is 20kg :que

Asleema, what number did you call ? maybe I can give them a ring

Thanks
Danny
I'd be wary about relying on the airline websites. What an airline displays there is what it gives the people it has a direct contract with. Where the seats have been sold wholesale to a middleman (as in this case) they could have come to a different agreement and that is what would apply to you. It could work either way round, they could buy less to keep the holiday price down or they could buy some from a low cost carrier (which didn't normally include any) to keep things simple.
Hi Danny, The number I used was 08444 77 00 78 and as I'm a nice person I'll forgive you for mis-spelling my name (which means 'hello' in Tunisian Arabic :rofl) The lady I spoke to didn't have an English accent but she did seem to know what she was talking about. It would certainly be worth speaking to them direct as it seems all airlines are different and I only checked TC.
Just for info on this
I received a replay from lowcost advising me that I had 15kg hold and 5kg hand luggage, as the flight was sold through Avro.

I then emailed Avro and was told that regardless of who had booked the flight, (me or a 3rd party Travel agent) I was entitled to 20kg hold luggage, I even emailed back to clarify 100% and was told 20kg's regardless

Thanks
Danny

Sorry on mis spelling your name Aslemma ! :)
I'm glad you've got clarification for your flight Danny. I'm actually flying BA next month so won't have any problems with baggage. I will certainly consider booking flights via lowcost on other occasions now that so many airlines have started to charge extra for hold baggage if you book flight only.
Well tickets arrived at the weekend and they have 20kg of luggage on them :)

So looks like I was told incorrect information by Lowcost customer service

Danny
Hi has anybody had any experience of using lowcostholidays.com. Have got a good deal coming up with them for 2 bed apt. next August but have not heard of anybody who has used them

Can anybody be of any help?

Cheers - John
Thanks Miss Chief for the prompt - it has got be wondering whether it is too good to be true
Cheers = John :duh
John,

And again........http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=139504
This one is especially about a price that seems to good to be true :(

Ironically I go to Turkey in a couple of weeks and booked my hotel through LCH at a really good price, so fingers crossed :think
ok i'm thinking of booking through lowcost but this thread has lost me a bit :que for example if me and my missus take a 15kg bag each do i have to pay extra on top of the holiday booking total or is that already inclusive?
it seems to vary depending on which airline you use. Some people have got 20kg but if you're booked with a low cost scheduled operator you may get nil.
Just a quick word of praise for Lowcost. I've just come back from Sousse,Tunisia having booked my accommodation through them. To cut a long story short I was involved in an accident and spent some days in hospital, fighting a nightmare of beaurocracy, both with the clinic and my insurers. When I reached the end of my tether I asked the hotel if there was a local rep for the company as there was no contact number on the booking form. I was put in touch with a wonderful man named Rob, who is actually with Sunshine Holidays but covers Lowcost and others, snd he took over and soothed my path, as well as my shattered nerves, getting my passport back from the clinic and also the Certificate of Fitness to Fly, arranging transport from the hotel to Tunis and even arranging for me to get money with my Visa card without leaving the hotel. I cannot thank him enough and only wish I had contacted him earlier in the saga.
Hi i have booked a holiday to majorca in june through lowcostholidays.com. I booked over the phone after getting a quote online, prices stayed the same and they were really helpfull. However, after reading reviews of this company i am really worried! :que Has anyone used this company and had a positive experience? And as i have only paid a deposit is it normal not to know what airline you are flying with untill you pay in full?

Many thanks!

Sara
Hi Sara welcome to HT :wave:

We used them to book a holiday to Tunisia and got back 2 weeks ago, no problems whatsoever with booking and tickets were all received promptly, I wouldn't hesitate in recommending them and will def use them again, in fact I have been looking at their website for a holiday again today.

You will have a flight code detailed somewhere in your booking and this tells you the airline, if you are not sure it will look something like TCX35K or TOM1218 post the number on here and we can tell you the airline.

There is an existing topic about Lowcostholidays here http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=137894&start=20

Graham
Thanks very much for your fast reply :) will check out that other thread

Sara
forgot to mention , the only flight reference i have is LCHTBA, do you think this means to be arranged?

Thanks again
Sara
No, that's your booking reference "number". Have they actually given you a flight time? Don't worry too much about not knowing the airline, it isn't unknown for the big operators to change airlines themselves and not tell passengers until late on.
Yes i have the flight times both there and back, but that is the only reference given to flights.

Thanks
Sara
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.