Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
lowcostholidays
55 Posts
Sadly you are in the same unfortunate position as many thousands of other victims of the Goldtrail collapse, who are desperately trying to make contact with their agents. According to the lowcostholidays website, they are contacting customers in priority order:
http://www.lowcostholidays.com/FAQs.aspx

David :wave
david we are in the same boat we are supposed to fly out in 10 days time....personally i think we should know whats going on by now....but nothing when you do ring up they are rude unhelpful and imcompitant
we have rung about 20 plus times to get the phone put down on us, and when we have spoken to someone we have been given different information everytime
atol no help
caa no help
they take your money and nothing
i hope you get where you want to go
i will never be using this company again and will never reccommend it to anyone
I do sympathise COWBAG, it is a terrible predicament to be in. I am not defending lowcostholidays and I have no idea what they define as 'priority', but I did hear an agent on the news earlier this evening saying that it is impossible to give priority to clients due to travel within the next few days, because phone lines are clogged and staff time is taken up dealing with calls from worried holidaymakers who aren't due to travel for several months. Those holidaymakers understandably feel that they should be regarded as a priority too, but it is perhaps causing enormous pressure on resources and problems in dealing with more urgent cases. I hope that you can get sorted out soon.

We are sorry you are having such a bad experience with the failure of the airline provider Goldtrail and can assure you that we send hundreds of thousands of happy customers on holiday each year; this is a rare occurrence.

We are currently experiencing a high volume of calls which has led to some technical issues with our phone lines. If your enquiry is not urgent please email us at customerservices@lowcostholidays.com with the subject line ‘Goldtrail' and we will endeavour to deal with your request as soon as possible. Alternatively, please go onto our website and use our Help and Information agent who can answer frequently asked questions immediately. For all other urgent enquiries please hold and we will answer your call as soon as we possibly can.

Thank you for your patience and we are sorry for any inconvenience or upset you have been caused.

lowcostholidays.com
It must be a nightmare for customers trying to find out what is happening regarding their holidays but it must also be a nightmare for the travel agents. However many staff they have on duty they must be rushed off their feet trying to deal with phone calls from frustrated customers as well as organise alternative flights wherever possible. The really evil thing is the way other airlines grab the opportunity to make a quick buck and put up their prices whenever something like this happens. :evil:
It is an ABSOLUTE DISGRACE that somebody, apparently from lowcostholidays.com, can come on a public forum and PRETEND that they are even trying to help customers!!!! I am NOT the only one who has been unable to speak to lowcostholidays.com. I have had a single email from them sent on Saturday 17th July 2010 telling me basically that my holiday is not happening unless I pay for additional flights myself. Given the high profits made by lowcosttravel.com and the fact that they have Supplier Failure Insurance to cover themselves then there is no reason why they should treat customers in this appalling way. Customers who use lowcostholidays do so because they are on a budget. There is NO WAY I can afford to pay for alternative flights and I imagine a lot of their customers are in the same boat. I have looked at other travel agents websites and seen comments on forums etc and it is only lowcostholidays, as far as I can see, who are treating their customers this way.
Sorry, but this post has had to be edited for copyright reasons
David HT Mod
lowcostholidays.com is offering a full refund for those customers whose flights were cancelled due to the collapse of Gold Trail Holidays. We are one of the few companies with Supplier Protection to offer this service. If you would prefer, we can arrange alternative flights to Turkey and refund the cost of your original flight. We have emailed all of our customers and set up an emergency booking team who are contacting customers in priority date order to ensure those travelling in the next few days can rebook their holidays as quickly as possible. Refunds have to be processed through our insurance company and this will take some time. We are submitting claims as soon as we receive them from customers.

We apologise for the delays customers are experiencing in contacting us but, as I'm sure you understand, we are experiencing very high call volumes. We have laid on a large number of additional staff to deal with the situation and assure all of our customers that they will be contacted as soon as possible and their flights rebooked or refunds processed as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your patience,

lowcostholidays.com
Lowcost Travel Group has sold transfer business Resorthoppa to A2B Transfers:

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=155913

i booked with them for next week to go to malgrat as they had a price that was much better than anyone else.
i must admit that i was a bit apprehensive as i have read so many bad things about them.
so, to be fair, i e-mailed my hotel yesterday with my room request and got a reply today saying that they would do all they can to accomodate me. so it looks like it has all gone through properly and i can relax a bit now knowing that the hotel has my booking.
roll on tuesday.
now i only have to worry about easyjet...........................
I've never had a problem with them, nor any of the other similar companies, and in fact have booked my hotel in Tunisia again for November with Lowcost. I do, however, usually either e-mail or phone the hotel to confirm about a week before I go.
the only downside i found with using this company is that the hotel would not give me my room of choice.
instead of a nice pool view room i got a room on the wrong side of the hotel.
it was made clear to me that i could not get the better view purely because of the low price i had paid.
still, as i dont use the room that much anyway it was not a major problem and i got a very good deal
all in all they did everything that i expected
Interesting to see that Resorthoppa has been sold to A2B. I priced them both up for Tunis to Sousse yesterday and Resorthoppa were £14.84 against A2B's £17.80. I was going to stick with A2B which I've used many times but if they are now both the same company I might as well save a few quid.
Just booked a holiday to lanzarote with hotel, flights and baggage which come to £842.40 that's with £17.60 student discount. But I've received a confirmation email with the price coming to £842.40 with just the hotel and flights, no baggage included. Low cost have charged me £478.44 just for the hotel which is meant to be £338.44 and haved added the £140 which is meant to be the cost of the baggage on to the hotel. I don't get how a booking system can make mistake like this and I
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.