Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
sorry let me get this right

you are asking if you should get an insurance policy for the weather so if you get less than 5 hours of sun you will get £400 back and you are thinking of booking MAllorca in August - then save your £10 that you would be paying as you are definatley guaranteed more than 5 hours of sunshine even if you are only going for the weekend

thats another scam for them to make more money

guarantee against the weather whatever next

maybe if you said you were soming to visit England i could understand but Mallorca
Hi
What a joke, you could even get 5 hours sunshine in Majorca any winter week. Keep your £10 in your pocket, or even put it on the Aussies retaining the ashes
Hi Again
Just had a look at their web site. It is 5 hours per day in August and you must stay a mnimum of 7 days. Rule applies to most hot spots in the Med.

Robert
Tom
am surprised your work is making you pay for that insurance.
For those thinking this is a good idea- it states an AVERAGE of 5 days a day.Best keep your £10
Son is out there at the moment. Very sunny, average temp. 31 :sun2 :sun2
Fiona

i think you mean 5 hours hours a day not 5 days a day
Lost what I typed earlier, so here is it in a nutshell. I booked a week in Pollenca last May, starting Aug 14th. If a 5hr a day sunshine guarantee was available then I would have bought it. The holiday is costing me and hubby £950, so if I could have a chance of getting 90% of that back for the price of 2 pizzas and 2 beers I would. Makes perfect sense to me, but of course it won't be everyones cup of tea.
its not 5 hours of sunshine a day. Its an AVERAGE of 5 a day. ie 35 a week. We can even get that in Aberdeen in August :rofl
Well at least their guarantee has got HT a couple of new members :D I wouldn't worry about not having seen this guarantee before- you've almost certainly saved yourself £10 - enough for a nice lunch out. I hope you have a nice sunny holiday. :sun2
( but I'm sure William Hills will take a £10 bet - wonder what the odds would be??)
Hi Fiona - yes I actually joined to try to find out more about Majorca and particularly Pollenca, but I kind of got sidetracked by this sunshine thingy. Have heard it's a relatively quiet spot, at least compared to the likes of Magaluf, but any guidance would be appreciated.
WW
Ask away on the Majorca forum- there is always someone who can help :)
Does anyone know if the price quoted includes hold baggage? I can't see an option to add hold luggage so Im assuming it is included :think :think but you can never be sure anymore!

thanks in advance
don't think so.. i think [from what i have heard ] it is an option after you have confirmed your booking..the only ones i know who include hold baggage are Travel and Fleet way [transfers are still an extra]
There is vague reference in the T&Cs http://www.lowcostholidays.com/flightterms.htm which implies they may include something but not how much, you have to wait for the tickets. If it's with a "low cost" carrier it could say zero and you'd have to pay at checkin.
thats helpful of lowcost! I read online that you can phone them after you book to add extras like parking, transfers etc but you can't phone to add luggage! Most airlines when it is flight only charge you for baggage, even TC now, so the chance of having any luggage is so slim and it costs alot more at check in to purchase luggage!

think I will be giving this company a miss!
Only just seen this. Lowcost are advertising £32 worth of luggage with all flights, not only those booked as part of a package. Presumably this equates to the £16 e/w charged by Thomas Cook etc. I would guess this is 15kg though you can pay extra to add more. On checking for a flight next May, LC were cheaper than booking Thomas Cook direct, even without the baggage allowance so I know who'll get my money.
I have booked flights through lowcost to Zante

Flying with Monarch, It said at the time of booking that it included the luggage up to £32, (Which I think equates to 20kg per person) I also took a screen shot of it for evidence

As my booking confirmation doesn't state anything about luggage, I've emailed Lowcost but not had anything back.

I just intend to turn up at the airport with 20kg of luggage and see what happens

Happy Holidays
Danny :)
I would check this out as I think it may be 15kg not 20kg. I am going on the Thomas Cook allowance as it is a TC flight I priced up with lowcost and they charge £16 e/w for 15 kg luggage. I noticed you can add extras with lowcost so I would have a look there if they haven't responded to your e-mail.
I noticed you can add extras with lowcost so I would have a look there if they haven't responded to your e-mail.

I have also booked with lowcost and again have £32 luggage included but this is not translated in to wieght at any point and there was no option to include luggage online, you have to phone them if youu wanted to add the luggage :que

Danny if you find out any info perhaps you could let me know

Thanks
Graham
OK Graham, I've just given them a ring. I got through very quickly and the lady I spoke to said the luggage allowance would depend on the airline. I asked specifically regarding Thomas Cook and she said that would be 20kg + 5kg hand luggage. I mentioned that Thomas Cook were actually only allowing 15kg for flight-only bookings but she assured me that it was 20kg.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.