General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
luggage all In
14 Posts
Be great if they did that shazajo, it would save all the confusion but one piece of luggage cannot be over the set limit you have e.g one suitcase weighs 12kg one weighs 18kg, they both have to weigh 15kg or less.

If there are four people travelling allocated with 15kgs each, whether you decide to take just 2 cases between you or one each (4), the individual cases cannot weigh more than 15kgs, you cannot 'pool' the weight I hope you know what I mean.

My advice would be make sure your luggage doesn't weigh more than what you are allowed, it just wouldn't be worth the hassle of either swapping this for that between the cases (and that has happened, people on here have seen it in Airports) or being charged extra.
I've just double checked my tickets, we are going with thomas cook but the airline is EuroCypria.
20kg per person and 5kg hand luggage. No item of hold luggage must exceed 30kgs for health and saftey reasons.

Whenever we have had our cases weighed in the past(Newcastle) they have weighed the heaviest first then put all three cases through together and we have never exceeded the 60kgs for we three, mind mine is always the heaviest.

Check your tickets when you get them
CazzMicknTom

Thats what we have done in the past we also fly from Newcastle

And mine is always the heaviest :D
We are supposed to have 20kgs each with Thomsons, but we only like to take 3 cases
I just thought there had been recent changes which meant that you could not do that now

Oh well thanks for the replys and I will just have to find out for definate,just to be on the safe side
It depends who you are flying with. Ryanair state 15ks each and you cannot combine.

Some (most) do allow you to combine allowances - we have never had a problem when we have gone.

Do ensure if combining that cases are not over 30Kgs

fwh
We have never had a problem either. We fly from either Glasgow or Edinburgh. We always have one heavy case and 2 or 3 lighter ones and they always add them together. Last year our heavy case weighed 28kg and they just put a sticker on saying heavy load or something similar. The other cases got progressively lighter and there was no problem.
Usually we go with Thomson and you are allowed to combine weights as long as 1 case doesn't go over 30kg.
This month we are going away with First Choice and even though it's a Thomsonfly flight we can pool the weights but 1 case can now not be heavier than 23kg!
Chivas69 wrote:
This month we are going away with First Choice and even though it's a Thomsonfly flight we can pool the weights but 1 case can now not be heavier than 23kg!
If you're flying with Thomson, then you'll be checking in at a Thomson desk and Thomson rules will apply - First Choice use the 23kg max guidelines for their own flights but they still print this on all First Choice bookings regardless of flight operator.
If you're flying with Thomson, then you'll be checking in at a Thomson desk and Thomson rules will apply - First Choice use the 23kg max guidelines for their own flights but they still print this on all First Choice bookings regardless of flight operator.

Is that 100% correct? Cos we've had our tickets and it clearly states no more than 23kg!
I hope you're right though! :)
I know the airports are trying to cut everyone's allowance down to no more than 23kg per bag for health & safety reasons - imagine you're a baggage handler having to lift hundreds of 30kg suitcases every day...
First Choice have been using the new 23kg rule for a couple of years now, maybe with the new Thomson/First Choice merger they are applying this rule to their Thomson flights. I know Thomson's baggage allowance is 25kg per passenger including hand luggage - so if you had a 23kg suitcase you would only be allowed 2kg hand luggage.
Between three of us, we usually have a small case of around 13-15kg and two huge holdalls of around 22-23kg each - we always end up with "Heavy" stickers put on the holdalls :roll:
Our First Choice holiday to Crete in August has now been changed to a Thomson flight :-x so I'll find out myself in another 8-9 weeks when our tickets arrive.
I rang Thomsons today and they confirmed I have 20kgs each person :)

I know in the past when we have traveled with Thomsons that my case was always the heaviest, but they always pooled them , so that made us under total luggage for all four of us

Thanks everyone for your replys ;)
I rang my TA today to confirm and this is what she said.
" Luggage allowance on holidays booked this year is 15kgs per person, or you can pay another £15 and have 20kgs,if you prebooked your holidays last year it is still 20kg's"
So it looks like from now on luggage is 15kg per person unless you want to pay extra.
Looks like I'll have to buy a smaller, lighter case for next year then, as mine weighs 6kg when empty. :cry
Or just wear ALL of your clothes on the plane! :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.