General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
LUGGAGE LABELS
19 Posts
Hi,

You should be able to get luggage labels from a stationers shop - I'm sure I got mine last time from WH Smith.

Elaine
You can also just pick them up from the check in desk.
Last year we travelled to Lanzarote with Thomas Cook, and we didn't get any luggage labels at all. I asked at the travel agent when I collected our tickets and they said they weren't really necessary cos your suitcases get barcoded labels/stickers put on them at check-in. I was a bit unsure about this, but I went along with it, and there were no problems at all :) You can always get plain luggage tags from any stationery shop if you're not happy about it.
I was researching travel insurance prices today and if you get your insurance from Churchill you get personalised labels!
Every time I go away I print my own labels. I have a template set up on my computer and all I have to do is put in the relevant details and print them onto some thin card, then punch a hole and tie on a bit of string - just the job!

It's all well and good being told that the cases get barcoded labels on them. How many times have we stood at the carousel and watched various labels, stickers and even luggage handles going merrily around with all the cases. I'd rather do a "belt and braces" job with my labels just in case their stickers go missing. I don't, of course, ever put my home address on it, just the postcode and number of the house just in case some unscrupulous person is going around the terminal reading luggage labels and ringing their mates back home to tell them that we won't be home for a while - I don't want to get back from holiday and find that my house has been burgled!. I also put a printed label inside the lid, just in case they have to open it because all the labels have come off but, with my recent run of luck, it's more likely to be one of the handles rather than a label.
Hi

You can buy luggage tags in Boots for £3.99, you get 2 in a pack and they are bright yellow luggage tags , very distinctive . Also the Boots travel items are 3 for 2 at the moment.

Chelle
I'd rather do a "belt and braces" job with my labels just in case their stickers go missing.

:D I have 2 sets of coloured straps on our cases: rainbow-stripey ones, and emerald green! We can spot our cases as they work their way around the carousel and be ready to grab them as they pass!
I got our tickets this morning from Portland and they are in a cheque book style.
In it are pre printed luggage labbles with our names (2 each) and appartments name already on! 8)
It recommends you don't put your home address on them in the section about "peace of mind while you're away"

I'm well impressed with the cheque book thing, I won't loose anything now. :lol:
Hi Nicola, when do you travel ? I am still waiting for mine from Portland.

TIA

Kath HT Admin
Kath they came this morning were going on the 2.05.05!
Were going to Mallorca (don't know if it makes any difference)
Less than 3 weeks now :hyper

When are you going?
Hope I haven't worried you!?
I go the same day as you Nicola! I'm going to Cyprus.

Hopefully they will come tomorrow :)......I rang Portland and they said they were issued on 3rd.

Kath x
Oooo Nicola - they have arrived! :hyper
Kath x
I've checked this post about 8 times today!
Glad they have come in plenty of time did get a bit worried seeing as I'd got mine!!!! PPPhhheeewww
Before I go on - I know that this may be a stupid question to some of you but here goes..........

This is my first DIY holiday (usually book package deals). The luggage labels supplied therefore give you headings for the details that you need to put in (you know one side for outbound, one for inbound with hotel details etc)

Now - I have bought some luggage labels from Boots, but I'm not exactly sure what info to put on them.

I apologise in advance for any of you who read this and think DAH!
When you are outward bound

Name
Flight No.
Airport ( the one your going to)
Resort
Accom Name.
E-mail if you want

Coming home

Name
Flight No.
Airport
E-mail if you want

The e-mail is a good idea for security reasons if you luggage gets lost they can still find you not your house!
The Pendlewitch recommend it and I think it's a fab idea!
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=13955&highlight=louggage+lables

Link to the other lables post
Just put Name, Departure airport, Destination Airport, Resort, Hotel name/address and a contact email/number.
Thanks everyone - I got some fab ones off Ebay with St George's flag on the back and big window for details. I'm sorted now, just crossing the days off the calender!
They had some St Tropez ones knocked down to half price on ASOS.com yesterday - they seem to have sold out now though

http://www.asos.com/images/prods/BGIWO6071/image1l.JPG
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.