Spain - All Other Costas, Inland Areas Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding all Spanish areas not covered.
Hi, we travelled all over Madrid in the middle of August and it was never really busy. It's cheap and very very efficient.
If I remember correctly we had to get a bus to the first (or last - depending on how you look at it) metro station. We got it right outside the airport and it cost 2 euro's each. There is an information desk at the airport and we just asked how to get to our hotel, they speak really good English and are so helpful.No problem with luggage.
The only thing I would say is that the metro stations may look very busy on a Sunday evening but that is because the Spanish workers buy their metro tickets on a Sunday evening for the working week, and so around the ticket kiosk is very busy, don't let it put you off.
The Metro tickets were 10 Euros each and valid for 10 journeys - cheap as chips. Have a great time , we did, loads to do there!
August in Madrid does tend to be very quiet, as most of the locals take their holidays then, due to the heat. The only time I have had a problem with the metro is when there is a football match on!!

Not knowing what terminal you are arriving in, and if it's T4, I have no knowledge of that terminal, but the walk through the other terminals to the Metro station is quite a hike. All metros from the airport terminate at Nuevos Ministerios and there are lifts and escalators there, so no trouble with luggage. Make sure you then get on Line 10 in the direction of Puerto del Sur, and you can also get off at Plaza del España.

Like denny says, the metro is very efficient and most of the stations are very modern compared to London. I would suggest that the journey would take approximately 45 minutes into the city, if that's any help to you! Have a brilliant time!!!
Had a great time in Madrid - totally worn-out after all the sight-seeing.

We took the Metro to and from the airport to Nuevos Ministerios and then a taxi to and from the hotel. Metro 2.50 euros each (which could have taken us further) and approx 11/13 euros taxi fares. (The extra 2 euros on the return because we called from the hotel rather than hailing a cab so there was already an extra 2 euros on the meter). This is a decent compromise as it saves a lot of money compared with a taxi direct from the airport and it gets you right to the hotel door. It is a long trek at the airport though!

I'll post a review of the Hotel later. Thanks for all the info.
Hi all,
Off to Madrid in November for a family birthday & just wondering if anyone can add to my list of must-do's when there? Have so far planned the following & am staying at Hotel Regina by the Sevilla metro stop:

Friday - arrive at hotel around 2pm - head to Reina Sofia then maybe another such as the Prado
Saturday - taking youngest niece to Parque Warner Bros
Sunday - tour of Real Madrid stadium
Monday - no idea yet

Has anyone been to the Naval Museum there, as thinking of taking my dad on either the Sunday afternoon or Monday. Also, can anyone recommend any good places for breakfast and dinner either around the Sol / Plaza Mayor area?

Thanks for any help :)
Ang
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.