Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
I remember those days :cheers , When I spent all my money on clothes, make up and nights out :yikes well it was the era of the New Romantics :rofl My first experience abroad was in 1987 to Lloret de Mar with my friend from work , we didn't dance with ourselves looking in mirrors ..... Well sometimes :rofl Too busy chasing girls , I remember we had done all our spending money after 4 days !! We had to get good at chatting anyone up to buy us drinks !! We had a really good time , would I go back to then and do it all again ? Yep , same good times , same mistakes, I really wouldn't change a thing ;)
Well I wasn't thirsty for long ;) I remember chatting up a girl whose dad owned a pub , only problem being it was in Wolverhampton :rofl not much use at the time !!
:D
This has had a few views but no one else with memories? Go on- if you are viewing as a guest, it only takes a minute to register and then post your memories
I went to Magaluf in 1980, 81 & 83 - so I think it's safe to say I loved it !! Like 'Fiona' I went to Bananas and (as I recall it) 'Alexandrias. Both were great although Alexandrias had the slight advantage as it had a 'Raised stage/Catwalk?) that you could get up and show-off your dance-moves !. Being a young Scot, the range and number of bars was just pure heaven - 'The Scotsman' (for obvious reasons !), 'Kennedy's', 'The Piano Bar', 'Lineker's (think that was the name ?) and, my favourite - 'Dicey Reilly's. One holiday (1983) we were in 'Dicey Reilly's and I met a beautiful Irish-girl (Susan) from Dublin who I kept in regular touch with for well over 20 years !. Out of all the times there, '83' was probably THE best Magaluf-holiday (obviously meeting Susan was THE highlight !) as, due to a mistake, we were put in brand-new 5* apartments - TV, fridge, huge balcony with a view to die for, even the kitchen work-tops were marble !. (It was a great hit with the girls, though I think the quality of our apartment probably made them think we were extremely well-off !!) Also loved going to the 'Barbecue Night' - once you paid for the ticket, everything after was free. It was a great night, good food, good entertainment and FREE DRINK - what more could you ask for !. I also vaguely remember another excursion which was held in an old aeroplane, just outside Magaluf, that had great music and a brilliant atmosphere.

All in all, out of all the holidays I've had, the Magaluf ones are THE ones that that remain in my memory as the best - brilliant atmosphere everywhere we went, meeting lots of lovely people etc. One of the things I really liked as, out of all the 3 holidays, I think I only seen about 2 fights - everybody was just far too busy enjoying themselves, having fun ! It just seemed to be 24/7 with a passion - brilliant fun. Even now, when I hear 'Level 42', 'Gary Byrd', 'Average White Band', 'The Gap-Band', Tom Brownd (Funkin for Jamaica), 'Chic', 'Shalamar' etc - I'm instantly back there and recalling all my favourite times (and then I get out all the photos from those holidays and pray someone, someday, will invent a time-machine !!)

To finish-off, one of the years (??) Majorca had 'Freak Weather' that was even reported back home in the national-news as it was well over 100' every day. I remember eventually getting home knackered and my mum, waiting at the door, just looked me up and down and, with a slightly distasteful look on her face said - "No tan - so that probably means,in your own daft opinion, you've had an utterly fantastic holiday" - I couldn't argue, as was usual - my mum was right !!
You have brought back all those brilliant memories mate,I was in magaluf in summer 81 as well ,I was 24 then we went back in 82 that was when the world cup was being held in Spain an that's when Scotland could still qualify for tournaments lol, we had a brilliant time I remember Sinatra's and the( Scottish pub I think it was then the only one ) a lot of the bars were still owned by an run by the Spanish they new how to keep you entertained , I remember coming back to the hotel mostly at the crack of dawn as the sun came up usually with​ a bunch of free t-shirts
There you go- a memory from Magaluf! Good times!
Would love to time travel - and go back just for a few days :)
Yes I would as well
I remember the Aeroplane nightclub, quite seedy and looked really weird seeing an old airliner parked up at the side of the road but great memories. I've told loads of people about this and nobody believes me haha. I was over there for 4 months in 1984/85 - brilliant time, would love to go back again and relive my youth haha
I really can't remember an aeroplane! Must ask my friend I went with.
Yes there was aeroplane that sat just outside magaluf which was a night club, I hired a moped one day an was driving around when I came across the plane I thought what's that sitting there for 😁, only in magaluf , great memories summer 82/83.
Now I have a vague memory of people being taken to a nightclub outwith the town centre.
I was lucky I was one of the djs with Stuart went out there in 1975
good times and great memories!
On 14th February 2018 at 07:25pm, Terry 'Denny Crane' McCartney said:
I remember the Aeroplane nightclub, quite seedy and looked really weird seeing an old airliner parked up at the side of the road but great memories. I've told loads of people about this and nobody believes me haha. I was over there for 4 months in 1984/85 - brilliant time, would love to go back again and relive my youth haha
I worked in Magalluf, Majorca April til november 84. Was PR manager for Alexandrias nightclub. Met a lot of great people, including my Norwegian wife. Jay was the disc jocky (i dj'd myself too). Simon was the manager. If anyone reads this who was also there, let me know .
Stephen O'Callaghan
I worked in Magalluf, Majorca April til november 84. Was PR manager for Alexandrias nightclub. Met a lot of great people, including my Norwegian wife. Jay was the disc jocky (i dj'd myself too). Simon was the manager. If anyone reads this who was also there, let me know .
Stephen O'Callaghan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.