Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Has anyone been to or heard of this hotel. Going in 3 weeks time and would like some feedback on what it's like.[/b]
Have a look on the holidays uncovered website,there are a lot of hotel reports for the Hisaronu/Ovacik area :D
The Magico Bronzo is a 3*, and for the price we paid, worth every penny.
We had no problems with the food, fresh omelettes for breakfast, several feeding times throughout the day. The chef doesn't speak very good English, so if he says, "Beef and Turkey", or "Chicken and Turkey", he means Chicken, cooked Turkish style or Beef cooked Turkish style. Fresh grilled Tuna steaks, chicken steaks or kebabs, all cooked fresh on the barby.
We only ate out once in the 2 weeks, and not because we're tight.
The staff were great and any problems to be sorted out you just see the manager. He paraded them regularly to let them know what they were doing wrong.
Free transport down to Olu Deniz 3 or 4 times a day.
A laundry round on the main road- (Just take one load at a time, Cos they aren't fussy about washing whites with coloureds).
Watch out for the fresh paint in the rooms 'cos it gets all over.
Rooms cleaned on a daily basis and linen changed daily.

Would I go back? Definitely.
Will I get the chance? Not for 18 months.

Enjoy
Hi have just booked to go here in October.
Have already read all the reviews in the review section.

Could someone who has been please tell me how far it is to walk to Hisaronu, honestly!!

Some people are saying 5 mins, others 20!!

Any other info on the place would be gratefully received!!

thanks! :D
Not stayed at the Magico Bronzo but have stayed at the Celay (20 minute walk) and having seen the MB from the roadside would suggest it's about the same. Dont let it put you off as we used to enjoy the stroll, which in yourcase is along the Fethiye/Hisaronu main road with Olu Deniz about 3km down the hill past the Hisaronu big roundabout.
Hi everyone!

Just got back yesterday from Ovacik.

Weather 10/10, resort 10/10. hotel 3//10

This hotel is dire, and is definately not 3*!!

Maybe we were spoilt at Belcekiz beach hotel.

But for what we paid, we had great weather, ok food, good AI alcohol, so we had our moneys worth!! made some great friends and made the best of it though!

Great to go back to Olu and visited Bel Beach, where lots of the staff remembered us, including a few of the shopkeepers in Olu.

Will definately go back to Olu Deniz, but never to this hotel!! Unless it was £99 or something similar for a week AI !!!

sue :D
we stayed at the pink palace which is owned by the same people as magico bronzo and that was also dire, food was dreadful and covered in flies and birds !!!

i do love olu but wouldnt return to this hotel either
Hi Susien :D

Glad you had another good break in Olu, despite the hotel not being all that. The Bel Beach must be a hard act to follow. :D
Ellie meg

yes we saw the Pink Palace on the way down to the beach on the free shuttle bus, it did not look great either.

Doepmc
Yes the Bel Beach is a hard act to follow, but this hotel was light years away from it, in every aspect. We took some friends who we had met to Bel beach for a look round, and they were gutted cos that is what they thought they were going to that, or something similar.
We met several people who said it was their first trip to Turkey and would be their last, as the hotel had put them off Turkey for good.
I urged them to try another hotel, as this one, was so not typical of Turkey. Its such a shame when people go away and say Turkey was awful, based on one hotel/
If it had been our first time, we too would have been very put off Turkey, but as we knew the area, we went into Olu several times and to Hisaronu, and made the best of it.
The resort of Olu made it a good holiday, and to be honest, for what we paid we werent expecting the Ritz, but you would have to see it to believe it!! 8) The weather was amazig though, considering the hotel, Olu and Ovacik were flooded 3 days before we got there. Late 20's - early 30's every day, we got a better tan than in July, it was comfortable to sit in sun all day. Pools were freezing though!! Even when we went to Bel Beach one day, (we met Edi and he took us in), noone was in the pool there either
Have you booked for next year yet??
:oops: No still looking, at this rate eveywhere will be booked and I'll probably end up somewhere like you have just been. :rofl There's a bit of dissent in the house, I fancy Turkey again, dear husband fancys Algarve, and kids want a place in Spain called Port Aventura with a theme park. :rofl So I've got no chance in getting booked. LOL

Glad you didn't let the hotel spoil it for you. Olu is so nice you can kind of 'rise above' the hotel if you put your mind to it.
Glad you managed a good time Sue ! Happpy Birthday !
Doe - what are you like :lol:
Lally
Thanks for the birthday greeting Lally!!

Now we're back, looking to book for next July. It will be a toss up between Hisaronu and mexico I think.
Mexico is coming up so expensive, at the moment.
Cant get booked for BB, but while on hol last week, met up with a Turkish guy, who we stayed with in 1987, and he showed us his apartments for rent. £600 for 4 of us for July, 4 poster bed, jacuzzi bath, 2 bedrooms and bathrooms, lounge and kitchen. If we can get the flights cheap, then we might go there.
Will let you know!!
look at flights now they are quite good check out ba for a bit of comfort
i have alot of links to flight companies please take a look
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.