Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Magsy
15 Posts
How very sad, and thanks for letting us know, craig :(

I followed that thread all those years ago, and Magsy was a major contributor, even posting last month on it.

My thoughts to all her family and friends, and RIP Magsy
Very sad news.
I, too, followed the thread (still going!) even though I didn't have any Daily Express vouchers.
I know Magsy was a great source of support and encouragement to everyone who was trying to get what they had been promised, for years after she had her own cruise.
My sympathy to friends and family,
kate
I am so very sorry to hear that Magsy has passed away. I knew she hadn't been well and spoke to her recently by PM.

She was a stalwart in the fight for all to get their Daily Express cruise.

Thank you Craig for letting us know and please pass on the condolences of all the mods and Admin here at Holiday Truths as well as the members of the Cruise forum.

luci
I am very sorry to hear this sad news. Magsy really encouraged everyone to continue the fight for what we were entitled to from the Daily Express. I would probably have given up without her words of wisdom when it seemed I 'd never receive an offer. She will be missed by all of us. Please pass on my condolences to her family.
Thanks for letting us know, Craig, and for passing our wishes and memories on to John, Andrea, Fiona and family.

I can't quite believe she's gone.

Magsy was a great support when we were trying to get our cruises, and became a good friend.

She loved helping other people and had a wicked sense of humour.

She was a one-off who will be sadly missed.
I didn't know Magsy but I am always sad to hear of the passing of one of our members.Please send my condolences to the family.
So sorry to hear this sad news. I didn't know she was ill. We PM each other as like me she was often looking for solo offers.
During these chats I often felt that I knew Magsy. I know for those with whom she took on the fight re Daily Express. She was a shining light!!
Sympathy to her Husband and Family

RIP Magsy

Sue
I am saddened by this news, but thank you for telling us. I remember Magsy from the Daily Express Cruise thread. Her tenacity and determination mixed with humour and good will spoke volumes about her even though we never met in person. I read and enjoyed every post she made, and she always gave 100% to this board.

My sincerest condolences to her husband and family. RIP Magsy and thank you for all that you did for HT and its members.
I only came back from Tunisia last night and found an e-mail from Andrea giving me the sad news. It seems Magsy had a severe stroke five days before she died, but knew her family were with her. She was a very special lady and will be greatly missed. I spoke to her on the phone a few weeks ago and, as always, she was full of life, despite some health problems which she never allowed to get her down. My thoughts and prayers are with John and her daughters at this sad time.
I am so shocked and sad to read this terrible news. I don't know how I missed it but have not been on HT much recently, just doing a catch up today.

Magsy was brilliant and we had several phone calls / lengthy emails, discussing cruises and plans and well, just life in general.

I will really miss her. RIP Magsy and sincere condolences to her family xx
Following the news about deleting old pm's, I have spent a happy / sad evening reading,sorting and saving treasured pm's, most from around the exciting time of the Daily Express cruise saga.

Lots of my pm's were from Magsy and reading them has reminded me how much I miss her friendship, a friendship which would not have happened without good old HT.

Miss you Magsy, you were a star xxx

edit: to correct paper, sorry Daily Mail and thanks Maureen.
  • Edited by ElaineM 2012-05-07 11:13:59
She was a star indeed, but I have to correct you on one point Elaine. It was the Daily Express not the Daily Mail.
Thanks Maureen, you are quite right. I got a bit upset when I was writing the post after reading all my old messages and put Mail instead of Express.
havn't been on here for years, met magsy for coffee in glasgow about the time of the daily express discussion. my location is now suffolk.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.