Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Unfortunately begging and rife prostitution is a reality for people all round the world who are not as lucky as us to live in a wealthy country (though I've seen a fair share of beggars in London and many more in Rome and Paris). Sure, some are rip off merchants but I am sure just as many are just doing what they can to get by. Of course, not everyone wants to see it and it may spoil their holiday, which is fair enough - horses for courses. But I am sure that the beggars and prosititutes do not do what they do with the express intention of hacking me off and personally I can live the fact that there's another world beyond my doorstep.
There are plenty of places in the UK where prostitutes offer their services.....plenty of places in the UK where beggars are on the streets......unfortunately its part of life. I live in the 2nd city so prostitution and beggars are rife......not on my doorstep luckily. Sunny Beach isnt for everyone and i wasnt blinded by love......i read the reviews and remember i was a single woman with an 8 year old little girl to take care of, i had to have my wits about me. I felt safer in sunny beach than what i do in some places in Birmingham.

Rachael xx
hi, looking at booking this hotel for the last week in september, i have never been to bulgaria before what is the weather usually like then .Whats the food and rooms like at this hotel.thanks julie
Good reports on the Majestic but Sunny Beach will be very quiet by the end of September. Many places will be closed for the season. Weather can be warm, but chilly at night. The waterpark in SB will probably have closed.
Just found a hotel we like in Bulgaria-Majestic Hotel, has anyone been here and can recommend it? How close isit to shops/restaurants etc?

Sarah xx
Hi Sarah ... you don't say which part of Bulgaria, but if it's Sunny Beach then we do have a topic about the hotel which you may like to check out and feel free to post any questions in:
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=78677

David :wave
Its sunny beach one yes, I'll have a nose at the reviews. Would like to hear peoples personal preferences on that holiday/hotel also
I will merge the topics, in case anyone is subscribed to the original thread.

David :wave
Hi Sarah,

You'll find reviews of the Majestic HERE but the most recent is from July 2008.
I did read the reviews but last one is from 2008 like you said, anyone been more recently?

Im torn between Sol y mar sharks bay in sharm el sheikh egypt or Majestic Hotel in sunny beach????

Does anyone know if Bulgaria or Egypt is more expensive??
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.