Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Majorda
4 Posts
Hi Evo

Have stayed in Majorda village many times although its 2 years since I was last there (hope to return this winter) the Sapana Exotica was just nearing completion then and didn't have a name at that time, we know some people who stayed there they rented from the owners who live in Majorda, was very impressed would say they are the best apartments in the village.

The taxi mafia are a problem unfortunately, those outside the hotel can be expensive, there is one opposite the Sapana his wife runs the Tesco shop and you can book through her, main thing is to ask round for prices, I have used a guy called Francis 9822164473 who is ok have used him a few times, have a great time

silentman
Well silentman what can I say except thank you very much just what I wanted to hear!!!

I'm gonna be a pain if you don't mind and ask about the food? I'm ok I'll try anything but not overly keen on prawns, shrimp, crab and squid but other fish is ok but the other half is very choosy lol are there decent shacks or restaurants nearby?

Cheers
Hi Evo

Two Restaurants right outside your apartments Pentagon (live music) and Fusion are both a bit upmarket, Fusion is particularly expensive but good for steaks, further up beach road away from the beach are Freshn Up small place run by an elderly couple, best to book and give your order beforehand as you may wait an hour for your meal easy to miss as very dimly lit.

Further up the road is a locals place Samen looks a bit like a transport café but food not bad ands its cheap, finally Crab Key, next door to the Shangrila Hotel tends to change hands so not sure what it will be like. there are also three Restaurants opposite the Diwali Hotel which is probably a Taxi ride although have walked it (turn right at the crossroads after the Shangrila Hotel.) Finally Martins Corner further on from the Diwali and definatly a taxi ride. Also worth a mention is the only bar in the village Cruize's open's around 6pm, on the right almost opposite the Shangrila, a lot of long stayers go there friendly bunch useful for local info.

On the beach around 8 to 10 shacks, they are rebuilt every year so locations differ we mainly go to Mish Mar which is the largest, good food although service poor last time, a lot of Russian big spenders so they get a lot of attention, best to try a few and see which you like.

If you want any more info just ask! have you been to Goa before and how did you book the apartment? wouldn't mind staying there myself, although might be a lot more than we normally pay, we go for 6 weeks so could be over our budget

silentman
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.